Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 4481 times)

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
I'm simply in awe over this. I haven't had an interest in any futuristic FPS since BF2142.

What's not making sense is how there seems to be a story but there's a scoring system at the same time. Makes it look like a mmporg.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:46:22 am by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Yeah, the idea with Titanfall is to have a full campaign, but played in multiplayer. No SP-only modes here, it seems. Think L4D with more cutscenes and giant robots plus COD antics I guess

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Looks good, though the Butt-cheek boosters did kind of make me smirk ;)

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
At least they won't set their pants on fire, unlike retro-style jetpacks :P
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
EA is on the no-buy list.  Nothing about the games industry will change if we keep buying the next shiny thing.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

EA is on the no-buy list.  Nothing about the games industry will change if we keep buying the next shiny thing.

I like shiny things

Offline Mikes

I like shiny things

There's lots of crowdfunded shiny things :) LOTS of them.

P.S. Is it ok to buy single EA titles when they are on sale for 10 bucks or does that still make me a traitor? :(

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
In fairness to EA, and that's a difficult thing to do, often it is not so much a case of a bad game as a bad 'everything but the game'. Bad Support, bad maintenance, bad customer relations, bad DRM choices etc.

If EA could actually get their heads out of their asses with regards to their paranoia about Piracy, and stop leaving important stuff out with an eye to adding it as DLC later, they'd be a pretty decent software house.

That said, it is just as easy to say 'If Pol Pot hadn't slaughtered his own people, he might be remembered more fondly' ;)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Origin was the nail in EA's coffin so far as I'm concerned.

Yes, it's not all that *bad* anymore, but it's not good either.  Considering they had a very successful platform to model it on (Steam), they completely botched the job.  Furthermore, the buggy state ME3 multiplayer was left in - nevermind a bunch of the singleplayer silliness - has thoroughly turned me off EA products.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

I like shiny things

Meh, they're less shiny.
I have crowdfunded Starlight Inception, Shadowrun Returns, the claymation thing and uh . . . Massive Chalice so I have my share of those smaller dev games.

But for the console I also have BF4 and will get both Mirror's Edge and Titan Fall. Can't wait for Mirror's edge.

Agreed. I was interested until I saw the EA Logo "Nope. Nope! NOPE!"

Offline Mikes

I like shiny things

Meh, they're less shiny.
I have crowdfunded Starlight Inception, Shadowrun Returns, the claymation thing and uh . . . Massive Chalice so I have my share of those smaller dev games.

But for the console I also have BF4 and will get both Mirror's Edge and Titan Fall. Can't wait for Mirror's edge.

Ah I see the problem ... you don't have Shiny Shiny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gZES2pTWk :P

I like shiny things

Meh, they're less shiny.

Ah I see the problem ... you don't have Shiny Shiny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gZES2pTWk :P

Yeah I'm pretty sure my computer can't hack that :)
Plus no offensive to the community but I'm not sure how much I'm still into these sorts of games. Looking to maybe try and make some of my own games actually more than anything :)