Author Topic: Pilot File corrupted?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Black-Devil

• Space Fighter
Hi

i am actually playing the FS2 main campaign. I played it till i got to bearbaiting mission( Yes i read about the probs with this mission). In my Missionbriefing was always the "leave the special unit" since i got the possibility to join it. Form some reason i pushed the button to see what's happening. It took me back too the mission where you got to protect the to freighters which carry the TAG-missels.
I was a bit confussed and play the campaign till i got the bearbaiting mission. I tried everything but did not manage to get the objectives done. The weaponload out seems OK for me but i can't choose a ship.

I am thinking about to restart the campaign hoping this will solve the problem. Or use the possibility with the change campaign start
Do not attack Alpha ONE...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
If the "Exit Loop" button never disappeared after you completed "... but Hate the Traitor" then it sounds like a bug.  Going back to "Battle of the Wilderness" sort of makes sense, it's the mission that you'd normally go to if you exited the SOC Loop before completing it.

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Could you also please attach your pilot files to this post?  They should be in data/players (assuming you're running 3.7.0 or later), please include both the NAME.plr and NAME.Freespace2.csg.

Lastly, destroying the beam turrets in BearBaiting can be hard, but it should be possible.  You often need to launch your Helios bombs from the "outside" of the beams arms, if done right a pair of Helios bombs should destroy one turret.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Black-Devil

• Space Fighter
OK here we go

i am running the latest Version of the SCP 3.7.0 with media files 3.6.12
don't know if its important i got the German DVD version (dimeson pack) as retail installed
hope the i got the right file.
I ran the debug mode an there was the "exit loop" button gone.
In normal mode its still there. I managed to got past the bearbaiting mission but not in a correct way and i didn't like it because i got the mission done in the retail FS2 a few times. And ATM i am playing not on insane :D

in the folder date/players is a folder named single. in this folder is although a name.plr file.
the other are there were you said.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Installing from the German DVD shouldn't matter, although the German language setting does cause a few (hopefully not important for this) issues with using the pilot files in the English version that I have.

I just tried a few tests using your pilot files, for me it seems that every 2nd time I start FSO, the Exit Loop button appears in the briefing.  It doesn't appear the other times I start FSO.  It's the same no matter if I use a debug or a release executable.  Could you let me know if you see this behaviour as well?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Black-Devil

• Space Fighter
No i didn`t have those issues. It was always there each time i started the game an continued the campaign.
And in Debugmode ( i only started it twice) was it not present.

So the next thing i was doing go and create a new pilot. I wanted to see if the problem will be solved when i playing the mission's until i reach the end of the secret missions.
Somehow the new pilots had the same statistic like the old one but in the list of the killed spaceships were only 3 Herc's listed.
I was playing a bit around and did not watch out an deleted my pilot gladly to have it saved. so copied the date back into the folder.
The weird thing was as i started the game the "exit loop" button was gone. even on the next 2 or 3 game starts.
after the 4th start it seems to do the same behaviour as you told.

For some reason I started the the mission with the button on an quited the mission to return to the main hall. When i got back to the briefing room the button was gone