Author Topic: Birth of a Winged Arrow  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Birth of a Winged Arrow
I joined the exclusive club Freccia Alata Plus this year, so I asked a dear friend (who, for reasons that I fail to understand, wants his name to be secret) to create a logo representing the Winged Arrow (Freccia Alata in Italian), symbol of the exclusive club I belong to.

NOTE: you're free to use all pics posted below if you'd like to! At first I'd say the pics would fit as squadron logos, but if you're other uses for them, go ahead.

Now, step by step, follow the birth of a new winged arrow!

The ones shown above are the original symbols. My friend started with a basic image, lacking details.

So I was like, work on the details, add both sky and clouds since the symbol is related to flying.

The arrow flies so high it's even possible to see stars. (Doesn't make a lot of sense in scientific terms, but art needs no explanations.)

I wanted the star the arrow points to to be very bright.

Uhm... not bright enough!

I asked my friend to add a trail and see if it would look good.

In order to make the arrow more dynamic, now there are trails coming out from the wings too.

I proposed minor touchups to the trails. The idea was good but I didn't like the previous version.

After a series of release candidates, the Freccia Alata goes final! Right above this phrase is the final large version, works best as a wallpaper or a background.

This version works nicely as an avatar. I'm using it on another forum.

Et voilà, here's the transparent version! Can be applied to another image and has a lot of potential. I'd like to paint it on my uniform.  :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:02:25 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Birth of a Winged Arrow
And what is this for, exactly?

I mean, ok, you have this "exclusive" club which I don't think anyone has ever heard of, and you have made a new Logo for it? That's great, I suppose, but could you elaborate a bit more about why you posted your friend's process here?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's for getting enough frequent flyer miles. You get to check a free bag.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I thought this was the Fan Fiction and Art board? Anyway, I forgot to say that all pics are available for all community members to use; those interested can turn the pics into squadron logos or whatever, if they want. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]