Author Topic: Strike Vector  (Read 1341 times)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Well, Strike vector is now available in the Steam store.
For those who don't know what is it.

Well, Strike Vector is a multiplayer dogfighting game. To be more precise, as fast past action shooter. You pilot a supersonic fighter which can transform into a VTOL. Strike Vector doesn't support any controller except keyboard + mouse for now.
I read that a X360 gamepad controller is fully recognized. I have to check if it's true.

More specific info on the game:
* 8 maps
* 3 multiplayer modes (Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Bounty Hunter). The last one is similar to DeathMatch but the more you kill, the more money you earn. But if you die, you lose all your money.
* fully customizable ship (weapons, perks, special abilities, chassis)
* 12 players only
* play in cockpit view or third person view

Here some gameplay footage from me.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ai4td_strike-vector-pc-gameplay-01_videogames
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1aib5x_strike-vector-pc-gameplay-02_videogames
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1aib6a_strike-vector-pc-gameplay-03_videogames
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:04:55 am by MetalDestroyer »

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Played this a bit.  I died more by crashing into the scenery than by opponents.  Also had a tendency to crash on the most random events.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Yeah, but with time, you won't crash anymore. :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
But will the game

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Yeah, I mean the game was unstable as hell. CTD via missile hit, clicking the wrong button in the launcher, looking at a powerup too lustfully...
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Played it a bit during beta. Death by mines. Death by crashing on respawn. Strangely the game never crashes on me.
What is an "old nazi plate"?

One puts food on it then goebbels it up.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
The game can be a bit iffy sometimes, but it's relatively stable imho and I've never had a crash. Personally, I think it's fantastic - the dogfights are exhilarating as hell and the controls are very intuitive. The satisfaction you get from hitting a small speeding Vector that can evade in any direction with dumbfire rockets is virtually unmatched. The pace is *very* fast though, so I can understand why it isn't to everypone's tastes.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
This is like everything I wanted in a multiplayer game. Fast paced, health pickups, power ups, difficult to use but very rewarding weaponry, pretty explosions, no respawn timer, all weapons available at the start, rocket launchers, dogfighting, 6 directions of movement, cover, objective based modes, roll out routes. I forked out the $25 as soon as I heard it existed.

Only thing... I can't play it. More practice is required, but after about 3 hrs of crashing into walls, never getting even close to a kill, I went away and played about 20 hrs of Freespace.

(No crashes, but only played for about 3 hrs)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:01:32 am by Killer Whale »