Author Topic: Shadow Run Dragonfall out (Berlin Campaign ) / Now Standalone Director's Cu  (Read 2238 times)

Shadow Run Dragonfall out (Berlin Campaign ) / Now Standalone Director's Cu

---------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Director's Cut (standalone) Out
Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's cut just came out

Standalone version with improved graphics and additional missions. Changed the UI, weapon changes, combat changes, etcetera.
It's free for people who've already purchased the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUktyFHrb4

Which suits me fine since I haven't played this campaign yet, only vanilla.

---------------------------------------------------------

First game I funded on kickstarter is finally done with all planned content. New Berlin campaign just came out today.

http://vimeo.com/85320801

Plus they fixed up the save system and so forth that many people complained about in the initial release. Save anytime, anywhere. The expansion retro-actively fixes the original campaign's save system as well.  Though one might need to start a new campaign, not sure.

EDIT - If you're a Kickstarter backer or you bought the Collector's Edition you get this for free.

---------------------------------

Full Kickstarter release:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/760992?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkDoJwLSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpA5OzJEkiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTAzLTI3IDE3OjE0OjQ0BjsGVA%3D%3D--c6fd97f27f05c38db493b94052c9c02f2693f98b&ref=backer_project_update

Today is the day!!

At 10am PST February 27, your Steam, GOG and Humble Store keys were officially activated. Backers and folks who bought the Collectors Edition of SRR can now download their free copy of Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

In addition, we have updated Shadowrun Returns to version 1.2, and added the ability to save your game at any time (and in any story, including Dead Man’s Switch AND User-Generated Content).

It’s hard to believe that one of our Kickstarter stretch goals has grown into such a major release for our little studio. Dragonfall is actually much bigger than our original campaign - some completionist-type folks are reporting as much as 18 hours long!

Beyond the new campaign, city, characters, equipment, portraits, enemies, save functionality, and editor features, you’ll find lots of small improvements in the game. We really went all out for this expansion and we hope you like it as much as we do.

We've had a blast developing Dragonfall and would love to continue making stories in the Shadowrun Universe!

To do that, we’re gonna need your help getting the word out about Dragonfall. Remember, we’re an indie studio and work directly for our audience - no publisher with deep marketing pockets here!

So please take a moment RIGHT NOW to post one of the links below to your favorite social media sites, fan forums, store forums - anywhere you think they’ll get some positive attention.

Kotaku’s Mike Fahey says, “Dragonfall is the Shadowrun I Know and Love"
DanW accidentally got a hold of an early copy of Dragonfall while helping us beta test version 1.2. We felt pretty bad about “giving and then taking away”, so we gave him an early look at the campaign. His impressions can be read in “Road Movie to Berlin: One Fan's Semi-Official Preview of Dragonfall”.
Swedish Tavern posted this wonderful SPOILER FILLED "Let's Play" video recording of his first hour impressions of the campaign. Mikael’s emotion and enthusiasm is absolutely infectious and we loved listening to his reactions to what’s happening on screen.
Now, if you’d prefer to remain RELATIVELY spoiler free, you can watch Harebrained Scheme’s “Lightly Edited Let's Play” and see what sort of choices and options you’ll have in the game.
And, of course, any great reviews you find!
And here are a few more links suitable for sharing (um, right now):
The hi-res version of the Official Shadowrun: Dragonfall Trailer!
The Harebrained Schemes Dragonfall Page containing screenshots, wallpaper, and more
A Facebook Image Cover that you should feel free to copy and use on your Facebook page.

Finally
As you can imagine, we’re anxiously waiting to see how the world receives our new story. We put a lot into it and hope it shows how hard we’ll work to grow and improve the Shadowrun experience if we get the chance.

We’re very grateful for all the support you’ve given us over the last 23 months. It’s been a pleasure bringing Shadowrun back to the screen for you.

Danke schön!!!
- HBS

PS - If you haven't received your Steam key yet, please check your spam folder and then email us at [email protected].
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:43:02 pm by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Re: Shadow Run Dragonfall out (Berlin Campaign Expansion)
I was very happy to see that, but then I went and paid for it without realizing that I would get a code for it from having Kickstarter backed it, so now I feel all sorts of silly.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Uh, maybe you can contact the guys and get a refund or trade it on Steam? Or just chalk it up to supporting the guys for the next expansion.

Hopefully a lot of people are making 3rd party content and will provide continuing value for the game with user-made campaigns.

The game comes with the full campaign editor for those not in the know.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
I've found the little bit of this I've played so far to be much better than the first campaign and most of the more frustrating mechanics seem to have been fixed.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
IF I recall correctly, the Save System fixage is also applicable as a patch to the first release, meaning that it will apply to any replays of a new run through the Original. I could be wrong on that though.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Mikes

Just finished the campaign and let me say.... wow...... seriously WOW.

Best RPG story I have played in years.

Mh how to phrase my glowing praise? Can't say it's as good as Bioware anymore, because Bioware these days sucks :P

But seriously.... this reminded me of older titles like PST or Baldurs Gate 2. The writing was spot on, very nicely written npc characters that pull you in, awesome story all around with several twists and meaningful player impact on the ending .... this is how it's done - or should I say, how it used to be done, but for some reason isn t done today anymore? ;)

In short: Couldn't recommend this more. Anyone who has been wondering why games like BG or PST aren't published anymore. .... try this. I doubt you will be disappointed.

P.S.: (I would also recommend to skip the first campaign, which, while "ok", is way way way surpassed by Dragonfall. Since both campaigns aren t connected it doesn t matter which you play first.)

They're going to re-release Dragonfall as a standalone game with improved mechanics and expanded storyline.

This upgrade, entitled Dragonfall directors cut will be free to backers and previous purchasers of the DLC.

Harebrained schemes cited CD Project Red as inspiration for the approach.

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
How does this stack up against the vanilla version? I just bought vanilla during the summer sale, played it and liked it a lot. However, I felt that in a lot of ways the game wasn't fleshed out much. Combat was really simple, and similar combat-structured games such as ffta2 or fire emblem blow it out of the water comparatively. The main story was short and rather predictable. Side-note: it really bugged me that if I wanted to play a ranged character with grenades, then I had to invest in strength and stuff that didn't really matter. There weren't a whole lot of side-quests either.

How does this stack up against the vanilla version? I just bought vanilla during the summer sale, played it and liked it a lot. However, I felt that in a lot of ways the game wasn't fleshed out much. Combat was really simple, and similar combat-structured games such as ffta2 or fire emblem blow it out of the water comparatively. The main story was short and rather predictable. Side-note: it really bugged me that if I wanted to play a ranged character with grenades, then I had to invest in strength and stuff that didn't really matter. There weren't a whole lot of side-quests either.

I haven't played either campaign despite owning both, just too many games to play but want to play through the main campaign sometime (only about an hour in).

In any event, Dragonfall is supposed to be better on every level. More options. Less linear story. Better writing. Better game features like saving anywhere (though that was transferred to vanilla as well).
Harebrained schemes has thusfar proven itself to be a company that listens to its fanbase, so if you found shortcomings with the original those faults may have been addressed with the DLC.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
BTW Dragonfall is getting a standalone

How does this stack up against the vanilla version? [...] There weren't a whole lot of side-quests either.

Note: I'm a huge fan of the Shadowrun Flux-State Berlin and a lot of the stories and P&PRPG material surrounding it. Even if the real-life city is changing away from the base they used to craft it (like all major cities are, gentrification and all) they nailed how the city could evolve and feel in an Shadowrun envoirment. So take all what I say with that in mind

It's a lot better. NPCs are much less disposable and more endearing (one of the greatest flaw of the original). I found the plot gripping and rich (though the finale played out a little bit too long IMO; if it is predictable depends on how well you know Shadowrun-version of Germany ;) ). The atmosphere is spot on (Kreuzbasar feels like the late 90s, early 2000s Kreuzberg).

The sequence of levels is broken up for the middle of the story, making the middle parts of the story a good non-linear experience; you can chose your Runs freely, there are extra Runs and Objectives depending how and if you interact with certain NPCs.

Side-note: it really bugged me that if I wanted to play a ranged character with grenades, then I had to invest in strength and stuff that didn't really matter.

That's a thing in the Shadowrun core rules, not an issue with the game; I have the same issue with the fact that you don't have any other way to gain Etiquettes (aka "Talking the talk"-new dialogue options) then leveling your charisma, which is a poor choice for my favoured Decker/Rigger build (though in the P&PRPG you can circumvent that)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Yeah playing through the vanilla campaign the combat does feel a bit simplistic at times. Also in some cases I get annoyed because it seems the AI has a pre-disposition to attack my character over other NPCs. Or maybe it's scripted targeting and some other types are random targeting.

I backed Shadowrun. Another game I also backed on kickstarter is that Massive Chalice game. Wonder how the combat of that game will stack up to this. Overall it kind of makes me wish for the original xcom :P

Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's cut just came out

Standalone version with improved graphics and additional missions. Changed the UI, weapon changes, combat changes, etcetera.
It's free for people who've already purchased the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUktyFHrb4

Which suits me fine since I haven't played this campaign yet, only vanilla.

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Re: Shadow Run Dragonfall out (Berlin Campaign ) / Now Standalone Director's Cu
Groovy. Shadowrun could use more love, and Dragonfall does the name proud.