Author Topic: Registry not where it should be (SOLVED)  (Read 1883 times)

Registry not where it should be (SOLVED)
I tried to change the language from german to english in the registry because of some smaller graphic-bugs.

I typed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Volition -> FreeSpace but there is no "Volition" folder, only "Wing Commander Saga".

What´s wrong?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:27:53 am by Knarfe1000 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Registry not where it should be
Do you have FreeSpace 2 installed, or just Wing Commander Saga?

Both of course, otherwise I couldn´t play FS.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
That's quite odd. Which launcher are you using?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Yarn

If you're running 64-bit Windows, the key is located here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Classes -> VirtualStore -> MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Volition -> Freespace2

All mention of the FS2 registry key in this thread and the wiki needs to be amended with this information.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Awesome - thanks for that info, I've updated (one place in) the wiki with that info. (I can't update Jeffs post :()
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

If you're running 64-bit Windows, the key is located here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Classes -> VirtualStore -> MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Volition -> Freespace2

All mention of the FS2 registry key in this thread and the wiki needs to be amended with this information.

Thanks, that´s the correct location.

But what is the key for the language? I don´t find an entry like "german" or "english".

Edit: I created an entry "Language" and set it to German. Now the bugs are gone!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:41:21 am by Knarfe1000 »