Author Topic: Bug: AoA Crash  (Read 1144 times)

Offline L30N4RD

Hello guys, i'm having a little trouble with the lastest AoA release. This bug not appears in any post of the thread so i've made mine  :ick:

Since it's the first time i play the campaign and i had to be exorcised after playing (because it's awesome  :ick: ) i'd faced a bug that don't leave me continue with the campaign.

Is when blei pursuit the communications corvette, then boards it and when he returns to the figther, 2 more fighters appears (a loki and other I don't remember the class), and a shivan Demon class cruiser shows up too. In the fight to protect the corvette the game crashes and that is showed in the wxlauncher:

ASSERTION: "!(delta_time < 0.25f && vm_vec_dot(&objp->orient.vec.fvec, &tvec) < 0.1f)" at aicode.cpp:1244  A ship rotated too far. Offending vessel is Unknown 2, please investigate.

By the way, i'm running FSO 3.7.2 RC2 with MediaVPs_2014 as secondarylist (Yeahh i know it isn't totally compatible but i think this bug got nothing to do with that, i know i'm going to read more later that "i shouldn't have modified the mod.ini" yeah, but "this bug got nothing to do with that" i think) i DON'T have Bandwidth and time to download the full mediavps_**12, so i tried with the mentioned before.

The PC is not a mounstrous machine with 35 cores and 74Gb of ram, but it handled heavier things  :ick: (seriously it's a pentium 4 3.0ghz x2, 1,256 Gb Ram and Geforce 6200 512Mb Vram, i've managed to rum DMC "devil may cry 5" on it lowwwwwest, jajaj!). Actually running on kubuntu (linux) 14.04 (i've a deathwish, everithing is a crash on it, since i'm not a coder, trace bugs is becoming a speciality)

All the warnings (seems to much) in the log file aren't important, i know, don't note that, jeje!

And sorry with the english, it's not my native language plus i'm hard-headed, i took too much effort learn it.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Code: [Select]
Found root pack '/home/leo/Games/Freespace 2/MediaVPs_2014/3610_Patch.vp' with a checksum of 0x07e72699
This file is unnecessary. Please delete it.

As to the assertion message, this is a bug in the code that is unfortunately very hard to track down, with unknown conditions for its appearance. You should be able to play through the mission on a release build, however.

Finally, let me point out one thing:
All the warnings (seems to much) in the log file aren't important, i know, don't note that, jeje!

You do not know this. Please do not make the mistake of trying to interpret the log without experience in reading it; something that may appear to you as unimportant may end up explaining everything.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline L30N4RD

Thanks to reply!

You do not know this. Please do not make the mistake of trying to interpret the log without experience in reading it; something that may appear to you as unimportant may end up explaining everything.

Sorry, i know i shouldn't have said that, it wasn't intended to annoy anyone, sorry, what i was trying to say and goes wrong is that i've tracked the warnings and the most pointed to the new version of mediavps, unless the fso build can handle that warnings... (if i'm wrong please feel free to "correct" me).

About the build release, it worked this time, in the 2nd try, don't know why the 1st time crashed... i'd replayed the mission again and this time it'd not crashed, so i think this is solved...

again thanks to answer and help me!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:54:33 pm by L30N4RD »