Author Topic: Twisted Infinities and the Loss of F2S  (Read 11485 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Twisted Infinities and the Loss of F2S
Originally posted by vyper
Have you changed any of the story since you sent out the FirstTen.doc?

Flipside and I haven't discussed it directly, but I think First Ten.doc was a bit of a false start - too much action crammed into too few missions for the story to develop properly... While the basic storyline hasn't changed, the specifics of the missions will be drastically altered. Also, when I say "release the story" I mean to places like Skippys campaign list and stuff, not to FREDders. They'll get specific mission outlines and a much more comprehensive overview than we'd get from a reqrite of a mission one Command Brief - eventually :D

And Hunter - could be a problem, but I'm not sure when the last backup was, so I have no idea if I posted the CB before it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
Well I've filed a ticket, awaiting re-activation. Could take a couple days, then a couple more days for the domain to propogate. It's all very confusing...
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Hunt Smacker
Well I've filed a ticket, awaiting re-activation. Could take a couple days, then a couple more days for the domain to propogate. It's all very confusing...

*has visions of the f2s crew returning to find the old place in ruins, Resident Evil style with Zombies of those not logged out when it fell apart*
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
LOL I dont think the backups are quite that precise ;)
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
well, i don't think we would miss much info. the forum was running very slowly. like posts would take almost ten times as much time as normal. i know i didn't manage to post much
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
hehe why do you think the server disappeared ?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL Well, at least it won't be long before we can get back to good ol' F2S, even if we have to kick the zombies out first (Hint, do not do this at 6am in the morning, I would probs fall victim to friendly fire).
Black Wolf is right about the FirstTen.doc on F2S, there were certain places where it was 100% incompatible with the idea of the TI universe, so it's going to be mellowed out a great deal :)
Anyway, couple more days and then we'll be able to get modding again, and I might even be able to look at Lightwave without wanting to put my head through the monitor :)

Flipside

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
No doubt that would be an advantage :). Between trying to balance a NTV mission for Alikchi and going back to school, I haven't had a chance to do too much TI work, but hopefully I will have a full set of 10 mission outlines for act 1 before F2S goes back up. I'll send them out for confirmation, and hopefully they'll be a bit more acceptable for TI.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Black Wolf
... and going back to school...  

Ahhh... *sits back and enjoys next two months of Uni summer-break* You poor people, now this is the life I tell ya!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Command.... too many.....zombies.......

Can't.....break through to......... Sectorspace.........

Need 2 Athlon......Cannon and a..... Broadband emitter.....over.

i.e. Any sign of life yet Hunter? ;)

hehehehehehehe

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Waiting for the e-mail.. certainly taking its time :S

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Would anyone who offered help to TI in the form of FREDding please Email ([email protected]) or PM me. Somewhat against my better judgement, I've decided to begin FREDding now and substitue new ship mods in as they become available. We currently onlt have 1 fully working mod (that Tyr class fighter) which will serve as a pirate fighter, and we will be using my Thor Gunship in place of Flipside's gunship. We will be using V ships in place of all the others. I need email addresses so that I can send out a list of mod substitutables and copies of the Tyr and Thor. Thanks.

BTW Hunter - any news? This'd be a hell of a lot easier with a forum :).
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Well Im still waiting on "A" report - Right now it looks like the activation deadline is delayed a little. It won't be long anyway you look at it. Just to say its definitely going on anyhow.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

hehehehehehehehe

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Every time I see the "TI" acronym, my brain translates it as "Temporary Insanity"... :lol:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Nah, TEMPORAL INSANITY ! ;)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Sandwich
Every time I see the "TI" acronym, my brain translates it as "Temporary Insanity"... :lol:

Did/Will F2S do titles? Coz that's just perfect :D
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL It may be closer to the truth than any of us like to think ;)

Flipside

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Flipside, where in London are you? I guess you know Im not far ;)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Temporal Insanity... is that like a mid-life crisis 'cos of age or something? ;)