Author Topic: Twisted Infinities and the Loss of F2S  (Read 11502 times)

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Twisted Infinities and the Loss of F2S
They named a gunship after me, how nice.;)
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm up in North London, in Enfield :)

Yep, seeing as you know the Clydebank Shopping Centre, I guessed you were in Glasgow somewhere :)

Flipside

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Or it could be where you travel back in time to try to prevent the creation of the Shivans in the first place ;) After all, the ancients always seem to refer to the Shivans as though they had released or created them as an army?

Now THAT would be an interesting project!

Flipside

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
well, i can finally post pics (ithink) :D

that should work.
it's a slightly outdated pic of my vasudan civilian transport if anyones wondering.
the textures are now done better.
if the pic doesn't work: http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/vas-transport/vas1_3d.jpg (cut and paste shortcut)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Vasudan Admiral
it's a slightly outdated pic of my vasudan civilian transport if anyones wondering.

Hmmm... is that a squished Sobek I see hiding in there? :wtf: Or at least, influenced by the Sobek, right? :)

I like it. :nod:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
From where I see it the Sobek has had a severe case of flattening, Sandwich. Although if the textures for those segments were aletered, it wouldn't notice. So nice. Just dont forget to get at texture artist ;)
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Hunt Smacker
From where I see it the Sobek has had a severe case of flattening, Sandwich.

Didn't I say that? :nervous:

Originally posted by Sandwich

Hmmm... is that a squished Sobek I see hiding in there?

Yep, I did. :D

But I'll forgive you. :p ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL

Look on the bright side, at least someone agreed with you, theres nothing worse than saying 'That looks just like.....' and about 15 posts after saying 'No it doesn't!' hehehehehehe

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Talking of piccies, this is the Andromeda Class (Working name, might end up the Cassiopae class, to avoid confusion with a certain iffy TV series).

Still can't get those DAMN thrusters working, but I think it's to do with the polygons though, oh well, keep trying :)

Flipside

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
squished sobek? well, i guess, but only cos it is hard to get all the detail into one pic. :D
here's a side, front and top. :)
front:

top:

and side:

note: the ship is only in it's early beta stages so it will be retextured and model altered. (probably multiple times)
edit: you posted yours just before me :D . and do these pics even work?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2002, 06:43:39 am by 815 »
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You might be on one of those 'mine! mine! mine!' servers that won't allow you to link to their webpages? :(

Flipside

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
yeah, it's geocities. Just post the links, and copy-paste into a new window.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Twisted Infinities

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
Ouch I thought my modem was playing up again.. SLOW AOL ! ;)

Sandwich, I guess my point was that if you altered from the original Sobek textures, it wouldn't notice so much :)

I see this thread has picked up the F2S disease - The ever-so-long-thread disease ! :ha:
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
strange, now i can see em. mabey if you go to it in a separate window then come back it works. :confused:
Twisted Infinities

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I see this thread has picked up the F2S disease - The ever-so-long-thread disease ! :ha:

Did you expect anything less? Anyway, yay for Flipside, finally showing off his mods on HLP. VA too, more, more more! P1mp TI and it's mods for all you're worth! :thepimp:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Doesn't your Hotmail address give you a few megs o space?
I seem to remember something like that, but ut was many moons ago :o)

Flipside

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sandwich, I guess my point was that if you altered from the original Sobek textures, it wouldn't notice so much :)

True dat. :nod:

Originally posted by Vasudan Admiral
strange, now i can see em. mabey if you go to it in a separate window then come back it works. :confused:

Exactly - once you've viewed them once, they are in your browser's cache. So when the thread links to that image, your browser displays it immediately and doesn't even check with the remote (Geocities) server. :)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Exactly - once you've viewed them once, they are in your browser's cache. So when the thread links to that image, your browser displays it immediately and doesn't even check with the remote (Geocities) server.

okay, thanx :)

Doesn't your Hotmail address give you a few megs o space?

i don't think hotmail does. havn't checked though.

Anyway, yay for Flipside, finally showing off his mods on HLP. VA too, more, more more! P1mp TI and it's mods for all you're worth!
okey dokey

big ugly, untextured ship that needs much more detail added (looks a bit too much like the GTVA Waterpistol ATM for my liking)
http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_terran_ships/big_ship/big_thing_3d.jpg

private yacht for wealthy businessmen (also needs a texture touch up)
3d: http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/civvy_yacht/yacht-3d.jpg

top:
http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/civvy_yacht/yacht-top.jpg

side:
http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/civvy_yacht/yacht-side.jpg

front:
http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/civvy_yacht/yacht-front.jpg

luxury liner. also untextured. still in blender stage.
3d:
http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/luxury_liner/lux2-3d.jpg

top:
http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/luxury_liner/lux2-top.jpg

side:
http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/luxury_liner/lux2-side.jpg

front:
http://www.geocities.com/vasudan_ad/TI_civvy_ships/luxury_liner/lux2-front.jpg

there we are :D
Twisted Infinities

Offline Anaz

I have a luxury liner too, but yours is verry 1337...

I really like your engine pods on top of the ship...here is mine:

Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...