Author Topic: FS2 Open crashing during first training mission  (Read 780 times)

FS2 Open crashing during first training mission
Hi there, first time posting here. Thank you for putting this project together to keep this game (Freespace 2) still going strong  :). I recently downloaded and installed FSO in order to run my copy of Freespace 2 at a higher resolution (using the GOG version); however I am having an issue when I'm running the game. Shortly after playing through the first training mission (where I practice targeting) the game hangs (I get a message saying Freespace 2 Open has stopped working). I am eventually told that Freespace 2 Open has stopped working and I close the program (no other options available).  I have run the game in the debug mode to generate the fs2_open log file (attached) and I would appreciate any comments you may have. I can get through this mission fine and the game seems to run ok if I don't load FSO (of course, without the higher resolutions). However, it would be great to run FSO if there is a relatively simple fix (perhaps something that I'm missing when using the launcher). I am using windows 7 and the FS2 open launcher 5.5g. Thanks in advance for your help.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]