Author Topic: ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON on sale on Steam  (Read 4834 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON on sale on Steam
The writing in previous ACs was, at best, charmingly weird. At worst, they were just really bad translations from japanese. Seriously, have you actually listened to some of the dialogue? It's hilariously awkward in that kind of "bad fansub" way.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I'm not sure how you can dispute that it was dramatic... much of the appeal came from being so over-the-top. And It never seemed to me like there were translation problems. I guess "Charmingly Weird" is pretty good though.

Yes, I'm a bit of a fanboy with AC. And Yes, Infinity does recapture some of what AH lacks.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ace Combat 4 had the seemingly paradoxical message from your allies saying "Radio failure!" How do you talk over the radio when it's failed?

I loved how terrible that was.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Tokamaku Yokuu

• Maybe it's a dream.
The one thing AH did right was let me machine gun everything without losing my hair.