Author Topic: I might not be avaliable  (Read 5250 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I might not be avaliable
Some... family issues have indefinately restricted my internet access, so you guys won't be seeing much of me. I'm also going away to college at the end of August so I'll try to get as much stuff out to the community as I can before I go into stasis. I'll poke my head in now and again, mostly to check on the Port, Sorce Code, and Star Wars mods. As for now, I have little chance to use the 'Net and I'll more or less be a lurker here after September.

Why F2S went down, I don't know. Bugs the hell outta me as I really need to talk with a smaller group.

Anyway, I'm looking for someone to take over management of the Port. Let me know if you're interested. Not much to do here, since the thing is done. I'll pick a sucessor next month, sometime. This isn't a goodbye yet, just letting you know that my days are numbered.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline RandomTiger

I might not be avaliable
I'd just like to thank you for making it possible for me to play FS1 again. Since I got my geforce 4 card the font bug has kept me away. I've gotten about half way through now, the higher res is great.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I might not be avaliable
F2S is coming back soon - apparently, but it'll be back on almost the same day you leave :(. Won't you be able to use the computers at your college, at least some of the time?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline RandomTiger

I might not be avaliable
Whats F2S?

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I might not be avaliable
go read the news :D
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I might not be avaliable
The Freespace 2 Sector. It's a smaller FS2 site run off the sectorgame network bya guy called Hunter (Hunt Smacker here at HLP). The community was probably less than 50 active individuals, which was both good and bad, as the small number of people meant discussions could be more open, and people knew each other a lot better. F2S also hosted a much smaller number of campaigns than HLP (GreyWolves Leader's Into the Night, Twisted Infinities (the community project), Wing Commander saga, a TC...and they're all I can think of that were active). It's been down recently for several weeks, but will be up again in a few days (hopefully).

You currently can not visist the Freespace 2 Sector www.sectorgame.com/f2s butyou should be able to in less than a week :D

Hunter should start paying me as official site p1mp :D ;)
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
At college I'll have bandwidth and computers out the wazoo-- it is the New Jersey Institute of Technology, after all. The problem is time, though. I'm studying architecture so I'll have little opportunity to play with my hobbies.

Anyone want to take this over? Anyone? At all? :(
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I thought the port was finished anyway...how much is there left to do?
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Silent Threat
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
All the old FS1 campaigns.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by an0n
All the old FS1 campaigns.

These would be the responsibility of the original campaign makers you'd think.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
At college I'll have bandwidth and computers out the wazoo-- it is the New Jersey Institute of Technology, after all. The problem is time, though. I'm studying architecture so I'll have little opportunity to play with my hobbies.

Anyone want to take this over? Anyone? At all? :(

I will if thats ok or is there someone elss who thniks their better?
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
*thinks of Stargunner running the Port*

:shaking:

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
*thinks of Stargunner running the Port*

:shaking:

Whats involved?
Got Ether?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Silent Threat
Fighter squad insigs
Webpage maintenance
Multiplayer support
A Vasudan FS1 campaign
Any other stuff to upgrade it.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
I QUOTE FROM THE OTHER THREAD:

your wish is my command Aikchi :) lol

ummm, my skills:

[combine any of the following in column "A" with any of the following in column "B"]

A
[.TBL, Flash, Website, FRED]

B
[creation, editing, designing]

or anything else needed :)

Stealth

there you go :D  

regarding your email... sure i can handle the responsibility :D

Offline DTP_1

• http://www.c4-group.dk
Silent Threat
Fighter squad insigs
Webpage maintenance
Multiplayer support
A Vasudan FS1 campaign
Any other stuff to upgrade it.

I could run it, until you get back. when you get back. you will, FS2 is just as much a curse as it is a blessing :D.

A nice curse of-course.
Think BIG
Invade Space

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
EDIT: Stop this, Stealth. I think I'll list all the quotes where you displayed your incompetence here instead. You LOOKED like it at the time because I thought you were RESPONSIBLE, since you had so many projects and were staffing at VW. Now I've had a chance to get to know you better.

Originally posted by Stealth 9/8/02
i never knew you wanted me to get FTP access!

Hello? I wanted you to update the website. That's the main reason I signed you on.

Originally posted by Stealth 12/2/02
watch it kid... you're doing a good job but do'nt push your luck. my job is not to look at work people have done wrong, that's GE's job.

So you're not helping with bug fixes then, just leaving them for other people.

Originally posted by Stealth 12/11/02
hey GE... you've "ported" the FS1 ships and weapons to FS2 already, haven't you?  cause how're we going to have the Apollo, etc. in FS2? :confused:

It's December, you're on the team, and you don't even have a concept for what the Port is, let alone actually PLAYED it.

Originally posted by Stealth 12/22/02
someone please download this mission and see if it works... i can't do it right now, my computer's too slow

That's why you haven't played it, you don't even have a computer capable of running FS2. Yet you sign up for all these FS2 projects. Amazing.

Originally posted by Stealth 12/24/02
KT will check into this, he's the ST man :)

You're not helping with Silent Threat it seems.

Originally posted by Stealth 12/25/02
i'm about to put something on the website where people can report problems like this easily, kind of like FSSCP's Bugzilla

This, I would assume, meant that you had FTP access. And if you didn't, the least you could do was send me stuff you did and I would work on it.

This is pathetic. Quit your griping; just because you were accepted into the project doesn't mean I can't kick you out.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2003, 01:21:06 pm by 510 »

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
well you'll always be president though...

you'll still come check every few days won't you?  and you'll still check your email and such though... right?

so tell me what's been done and what hasn't!  :)

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
Well I had a scan and spotted this slightly dated thread - Freespace 2 Sector is STILL coming back, despite recent delays. Right now we're looking at a total deadline at the end of THIS month, originally going to be July - However I guess a few things have been keeping the staff busy. It's surprising actually how long F2S has been around (2 and a half years), and yet hardly anyone knows it even exists.  Anyhow, It'll be back soon. I've got a lot of other things to deal with on the same network - Not only was there Freespace 2 Sector, Wing Commander, Into The Darkness, Twisited Infinities, but there was also nTrap, D3UK, Robos Levels, EVE, Way Of The Warrior, and Neohacker on the hosted screen. I'm hoping the backup files are as up-to date as possible, but however you look at it we've got a good 2 months to catch up on ! (****)
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.