Author Topic: Planets  (Read 1643 times)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I recently implimented planet models in fs2, without any altered source code. Beyond the expected problems I encountered something rather odd:
When the table entry was actually named: Planet, the game would give damage to any vessel flying too close the planet, including printing text: "Too close to planet. Taking Damage" (or something like that)

I'm just curious if anyone working on the s.c. has found anything to back up my experience or to prove that planets were originally going to be in fs2... ;)
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yes yes yes, we've all knowen about this for... a, very long time
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

I didn't know that there was something in the game like that already.

Keep that in mind for areas of space that are hazardous like say: Black holes and Radiation clusters!!! Maybe those options should be cleaned up and put in the background stuff for the New Fred )Fred3?

For a non damaging thing how about a Space Sargasso, or energy damping field. Any ship flying into the area is stuck unless acted upon by an ouside force (future tractor beam?)...

Sorry but got inspired...:nod:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Originally posted by Star Dragon
(future tractor beam?)...

Or maybe a kinetic weapon. :nod: