Author Topic: Human Resources Kickstarter  (Read 2015 times)

Human Resources Kickstarter
This looks fairly cool:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

I'm not sure how the previous kickstarter, planetary annihilation turned out. I recall some grumblings about the early access price but not sure about the gameplay. This video looks pretty cool though, sorta Terminator meets Cthulhu meets Pacific Rim.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: Human Resources Kickstarter
I find the concept of this software offensive. But that's just me.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I feel bad for the humans in this game, too. But I don't think I feel offended. The game looks pretty cool, and I think it should be made. Just not with me. :p

The concept certainly seems fun and worth a shot. I'm getting a slight Universe at War: Earth Assault vibe, with the human harvesting & all.

It's a bit ****ty of Uber to be crowdfunding for a new game this soon off the back of Planetary Annihilation, really. Especially when they already have an unsavoury reputation for that kind of thing.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Looks fun, but I think I'll wait on this one. Especially since I haven't really played Planetary Annihilation yet.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
It's a bit ****ty of Uber to be crowdfunding for a new game this soon off the back of Planetary Annihilation, really. Especially when they already have an unsavoury reputation for that kind of thing.

That's more my issue with this they made quite a bit off of Planetary Annihilation and are demanding a rather high amount of crowdfunding for this.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Could Petroglyph not buy the rights from SEGA and make a crowd-funded sequel?

This looks interesting, not something I'd want yet, but interesting.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft

That's more my issue with this they made quite a bit off of Planetary Annihilation and are demanding a rather high amount of crowdfunding for this.
Is there a problem with Planetary Annihilation as a game or Uber as a game developer?