Author Topic: GTA In First Person  (Read 2794 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

I have basically seen the face of everything good in this world put into one video
"No"

To be expected. They had to find some reason to make us buy this over Gat out of Hell.

Offline Edhotmetal

• GTF Ares is The Hulk, optimized for space combat
    • Steam
I read the title and thought, "Do we get to command the Galactic Terran Alliance now???"
Almost yelled that in public. :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I still think that GTA would be waaaaaay better if you were able to rocket-jump.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
This may renew my interest in GTA.  I got so frustrated with the controls and camera for non-driving portions of GTA III and Vice City on my Xbox, and San Andreas on my PC, that I quit playing them without getting very far into any of them.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
This may renew my interest in GTA.  I got so frustrated with the controls and camera for non-driving portions of GTA III and Vice City on my Xbox, and San Andreas on my PC, that I quit playing them without getting very far into any of them.

Whenever that happened in San Andreas, I went back to Jerusalem's Let's Play. Nicely motivating.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

I take it because of that you didn't bother with GTA IV?
Although I'm curious, what was your issue with the camera controls?
"No"

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
No, I never tried GTA IV, but my son loved playing it on his 360.  Perhaps I should give it a shot sometime.  :)

Maybe it's just because I am not used to playing in 3rd person, but it seemed like I could never hit where I was aiming fast enough to take out a group of characters shooting at me.  I'd want to look one way, but the camera would be over the wrong shoulder, or would shift just as I was about to do whatever it was I came to do.  Even with melee weapons I often felt like I was mashing buttons like I was playing DOA3 and hoping for a combo.

TBH, it's been several years since I have tried any of them - I don't think I have even installed San Andreas since I got Windows 7 or a 360 gamepad.  But I do have a copy of the "hot coffee" mod somewhere on my drive.  ;)
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Ahh, yeah I could see how that'd get frustrating

Well, I think GTA IV wouldn't be too bad in that regards. It's a bit sluggish in comparison to Red Dead and GTA V, but definitely a bigger improvement vs SA in terms of free aiming
"No"