Author Topic: HLP Roll of Honours  (Read 37182 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So this happened...

I'll think I will keep her.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
ARRRGG. I want my bismarck so bad... but I don't want to do the grinding :S
el hombre vicio...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The secondaries spec is not to be denied, He creates a 10km bubble of hate around Him and its glorious.  Coupled with Hydro to spot fish as soon as they hit the water Bismarck just lives for the brawl.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
You already have a 15p commander? That number is impossible to reach for me.
el hombre vicio...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Nope 3pts away from MFT, but even without it she's nuts.  I'm hoping the dispersion bonus makes up for not being able to have them engage multiple threats.

Offline crizza

So, what modules and skills for german BBs?
Joined a Bismarck last night with my Derpitz... holy cow :D

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'd go secondary health and improvements. Prob some main gun acc as well where available.
el hombre vicio...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Such a Gneiss ship, built for Tactical Aggression.

I took my Griffin 2N out and wrecked face tonight.  Fired 666 SRMs on Terra Therma, overrode three auto-shutdowns, turned 325 tons of enemy mechs into 325 tons of scrap, and survived the match.  I'd call that a good sortie.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I took my Griffin 2N out and wrecked face tonight.  Fired 666 SRMs on Terra Therma, overrode three auto-shutdowns, turned 325 tons of enemy mechs into 325 tons of scrap, and survived the match.  I'd call that a good sortie.

Are you Kai?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Nope.  I'm not that consistently good.  My match score in that particular match was about three times my average.  Though I will say, if I ever start to get self-conscious about my leaderboard position, that Griffin is the mech I'll take out to drag my numbers up.

Nagato.
187k damage, 8 citadel hits, and 2 sunk.

The Nova got nerfed recently....

But it's okay.  I burned missed that particular memo, so I still get to kill everything.

Also, if you are leading a team on HPG Manifold and see a 12ERSL Nova chase one of your teammates outside of the main wall, don't then proceed past the gap in the wall, through which the Nova exited.  I got four kills in rapid succession, because the entire hostile team gave me their backs.  I believe parliamentary procedure requires that I add, "Get wrecked, fools."

Offline Lorric

Today I broke through a gaming wall that's stood in my way for the thick end of two decades.

I've been at it for hours today, and I finally beat a Grand Prix on Master difficulty in F-Zero Maximum Velocity. :)

My prize is a new ship, the Falcon MK-II, which looks to be superior to the other ships I have. I beat the Pawn Grand Prix with the Sly Joker.

It's a great feeling to smash through old gaming walls! :pimp:

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Today I broke through a gaming wall that's stood in my way for the thick end of two decades.

I've been at it for hours today, and I finally beat a Grand Prix on Master difficulty in F-Zero Maximum Velocity. :)

My prize is a new ship, the Falcon MK-II, which looks to be superior to the other ships I have. I beat the Pawn Grand Prix with the Sly Joker.

That is awesome!!  Congrats!!

Man, it has probably been two decades since I even played F-Zero, on SNES.  I never tried this one.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Lorric

That is awesome!!  Congrats!!

Man, it has probably been two decades since I even played F-Zero, on SNES.  I never tried this one.
Thanks! :)

I just beat the same Grand Prix on Master in one attempt with the new ship. I have high hopes of further progress.

I've never played the original F-Zero, but I've seen it, and Maximum Velocity is very much in the same mould. Great soundtrack and silky smooth framerate. It's a joy to play, and I've been thinking about how the game's limitations might actually make it a better gaming experience than if those limitations weren't there. The AIs don't use the boosts you get every lap. So to compensate, on the higher difficulties, they're faster than you at max speed when not boosting. So this means when you're not boosting, you're in a constant battle to block them from overtaking you. Then you get the boost and you have to make sure you don't screw up and get past the ones in front. And the fact the game spawns the AIs in and out depending on circumstances also works to make it a better experience than if they were all racing around the track, because it rewards your skill in blocking. If say you only let a couple past you then boost, you'll soon be catching up to 2nd, even if 2nd left you behind ages ago. You'll never just end up in a stretch of track with no one near you.

Offline Lorric

I've been waiting for you, F-Zero. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the Master. :pimp:

I've beaten them all. The Knight GP fell quickly, but the Bishop GP was another wall that took many attempts. That just left the Queen GP, which I thought was going to be a massive slog. But after beating it comfortably on Expert (a target I set myself on all the GPs that I feel I needed to meet to be ready to attack Master) I surprised myself by succeeding on the very first try, just now.

I unlocked one more ship, the Fighting Comet. That's a ship for a true master. It's got the slowest speed, joint worst turning and second worst durability but the fastest boost speed with the second longest boost duration.

I'm not done with the game yet, I'll see if I can get through with any of the other ships, but the main goal is completed. :)