Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308284 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: What are you working on?
@Betrayal: is this is stand alone project or will it be used in Inferno? It looks like something tha could be used by EA as their super carrier.
This is related to Mystery Project. All the stuff I'm showing here is from Mystery Project or Shadow Genesis: Reborn. Inferno related stuff belongs to Inferno forum. I honestly doubt if this can be used as EA capital due to textures. Vidar, as most of my models has a baked texture. Changing it to EA plating requires remapping it from scratch.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I really, really, really hat... Love this baby!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Off and on for months been working on this sorta as a stress relieve modeling...if there is such a thing?

Anyhow, Planetary Defense Space Installation. As you can see, main docking points for 4 up to Destroyer class ships are visible. As a defense installation, it obviously will have many installed weapons of various types and calibers and my previous large Gauss Rifle turrets were some that will mount on this station. Not shown yet are some large beam type weapons and many others as this is in a early phase. It's been weeks since I worked on this until today and this is where it's at currently.

https://p3d.in/cRoz5

All the best,
Jadehawk

Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

They said to me 'That there TCa Sagitarrius ain't no GTD Orion but she'll fly and serve as good as any flagship.' I said 'I think it oughta look more the part', grabbed a hammer and nails and immediately got to work. Continuing where others left off (A nod to Nyx, Betrayal, Admiral Nelson and Mjn.Mixael (As well as the unknown author of the HTL Model)), I'm seeking to restore the old gal to service worthy status by updating her textures and turrets while also introducing radar and glowpoints. All the cobwebs are almost out and she'll be ready soon, I think......who at the damned Shipyard do I invoice so I can give her a good home when she's done?

Anyway, hope you like.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 02:47:45 am by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Sweet!  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I like it! As you might expect. :P
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!

This is the Whiteside subspace survey ship. Built it years ago, got it UVed recently, texturing is kind of progressing, but there are a few other priorities at the moment. Still, I probably will finish it, as I kind of like it :)

The little cargo pod looking thing is meant to be a modular laboratory - in theory, there'll be variants which use a different pod to convert it to, say, a bio research ship, or a mobile medical lab or something.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Still moving slowly.

Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Very unusual design. I like it :yes:!

A little while ago I wanted to have a way to automate my SSM launches so that I wouldn't have to copy-paste SEXPs accross several missions.

After cooking up a script-based solution by working a couple of hours on it here and there every 4 months or so, I realised as it approached a testable state that it was incredibly clunky, and rather poorly designed.

So I'm sending that one back to the drawing board, which means that my scripting TODO-list now includes :
- Re-write an auto-SSM strike script thingy
- Cook-up some kewl Shivan abilities
- Finish up the waypoint highlight debug script
- Write up a generic ability manager framework
- Merge the weapon package script with the ship variant script

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
Not exactly asset-based but if you were on irc yesterday you may have seen this
https://my.mixtape.moe/vzkale.webm

Wau so how you did that  ? It is great. I am looking for this for years since FS2 came out. 

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Not exactly asset-based but if you were on irc yesterday you may have seen this
https://my.mixtape.moe/vzkale.webm

Wau so how you did that  ? It is great. I am looking for this for years since FS2 came out. 

Type 4 (only fires down normal) beams and a customized *.POF with the sub beams' normals pointing to the main beam. The small beams length calculated to be the exact distance between its emitter and the main beam emitter.
Main beam is also a type 4 pointing forward so turns with the ship.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's so hot.

That is truly sexy.  :pimp:
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Droid, there's a ship from the short lived Babylon 5 spinoff Crusade that needs that. Don't know if anyone over on the TBP boards is still working on it though, or if they found their own solution or what. Last I heard of it being worked on was ages ago.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
I've been working on a new type of weapon. Not really a weapon, I simply manipulated a few objects.

Anyway, those who played Ace Combat 5 will know what I'm talking about. In AC5 there's a mission where a submarine fires a burst missile with a 5000ft radius. The player has 10 seconds to get to safety before detonation. And I wanted to put that into the campaign I'm working on.

How I did it: There's no real missile involved. When the 'missile' gets 'launched' a bunch of strategically placed nav buoys will spawn in. Those buoys are called 'Burst Missile Impact area' and is canonically a virtual thing, to pinpoint the exact location of the explosion. In-game however, it's actually the buoys that cause the explosion. So, after the countdown dialogue, the game will initiate the self destruct sexp on the buoys, causing them to create the 5000ft radius.

As of right now, I got the general concept done, but I need to retweak  a few things. For example, I made the blast radius 5000 meters big instead of 5000 feet, which is impossible to escape from in 10 seconds.

If anyone is interested, I could post the mission file where I test the burst missile.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
So... why didn't you just create an actual weapon to achieve that effect?  (I haven't played Ace Combat 5.)

Couldn't the EMP Weapon and it's characteristics be modded to fit this type of weapon? Just asking as I have no idea about the inner workings if scripting and all that.  :D

All the best,
Jadehawk
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
You see, the AC5 burst missile explodes in multiple explosions on the same height plane (no pun intended). As far as I know, Freespace shockwaves are spherical. I don't want the explosion to be one big sphere (after all, the missile is composed of multiple smaller missiles).

As to why I can't make a weapon... I don't think you can do a weapon that can detonate at the exact coordinates. That'd be too complex to create.

(Picture shows a burst missile attack in Ace Combat 5)

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
As to why I can't make a weapon... I don't think you can do a weapon that can detonate at the exact coordinates. That'd be too complex to create.
A missile can be made to home in on a specific set of coordinates, and be set to detonate when it gets within a certain distance of its target.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.