Author Topic: I just tried MediaVPs 3.6.12. Thank you for making MediaVPs 2014! [UPDATE]  (Read 1614 times)

I just tried MediaVPs 3.6.12. Thank you for making MediaVPs 2014! [UPDATE]
I just played the entire retail FS2 SP campaign for the first time in several years using the MediaVPs mod, and I LOVED it! I almost played it 100% vanilla for this first time in several years, but I just couldn't resist seeing the mod first! After I finished, I restarted the campaign and began trying MediaVPs 3.6.12. However, disliked it right away because of the radar. I'm referring to how everything has a different shape. So, to the person or people who had the idea of going back

to the default radar for MediaVPs 2014, I thank you very much. Seriously. I love and prefer this radar.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to my most favorite video game in the entire world now: FreeSpace 2! Except, this time through the campaign, it's going to be 100% "classic" mode for the sake of nostalgia (and to spot all the differences that MediaVPs 2014 makes). See ya! :)

UPDATE: See the first two replies in this thread (convenient links, just in case: Reply #1 and Reply #2)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:18:25 am by TwoCables »
Why do you say "as" instead of "because"?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: I just tried MediaVPs 3.6.12. Thank you for making MediaVPs 2014!
Radar icons have always been optional. Even in 3.6.12.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Re: I just tried MediaVPs 3.6.12. Thank you for making MediaVPs 2014!
Radar icons have always been optional. Even in 3.6.12.

Show me, because I'm not seeing it anywhere - not even on the Wiki.

Edit: I found it. It's in the FreeSpace Open Installer. When I used it though, I just followed the instructions to install everything (but of course I deselected things that I don't need based on my operating system and the fact that I'm not a developer or a modder). If I had known what "MV_RadarIcons" is for 3.6.12, then I probably would have left it unchecked. So, I'll just rename 3.6.12's MV_RadarIcons.vp file to something else and then copy/paste 2014's over. Thank you, mjn.mixael.

Edit #2: Deleting it works just the same.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:15:16 am by TwoCables »
Why do you say "as" instead of "because"?