Author Topic: Shadowrun Returns Hong Kong Kickstarter  (Read 1257 times)

Shadowrun Returns Hong Kong Kickstarter

Day or two old already ; funded in about 2 hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong

I threw 15 bucks at 'em since it's more/less like a pre-order and they've had a decent track record.

Offline Patriot

Re: Shadowrun Returns Hong Kong Kickstarter
One thing bothers me a little, did they kickstarter the first expansion for Shadowrun Returns?
Because if they didn't, then why would they need to kickstarter this one O.o

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
They didn't need to Kickstart this expansion, it was already budgeted and in production when the KS campaign started. The KS money is explicitly used to widen the scope of the game (as in, more missions and characters and revamped UI/gameplay), not to fund development from scratch.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Wow.....quick funding.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

One thing bothers me a little, did they kickstarter the first expansion for Shadowrun Returns?
Because if they didn't, then why would they need to kickstarter this one O.o

Yeah money for Dragonfall was got from the first kickstarter.
They say in the video that they've already been working on this game for 6 months and are fully staffed, they just wanted a bit of cash to help make the game better.

Another kickstarter I kicked, Massive Chalice from double fine kinda pissed me off. They asked for Kickstarter money, and were well funded in the campaign, and now that the game is in Beta they've put it on Steam early access as well. So ask for KS money, then ask for Early Access money, and the game still isn't done.  People should be paying for QA not the other way around. 

Wow.....quick funding.

Well admittedly they only want 100K which isn't the full cost of the game but simply the cost of making the coming game better. I believe the original kicsktarter was 400K for SR:R and that took two days or so to fund.