Author Topic: A few questions about gamepad's buttons  (Read 1283 times)

A few questions about gamepad's buttons
Sorry for the silly questions... for the last time i bought gamepad  8-9 years ago. I desperately need some with optical wheel and at least 12 buttons. But let's make clear buttons' names...sorry i couldn't find information about their names.
1. For which button is referring "7-axis" and what it means at all? Does it refer to D-Pad or for analogue sticks? Is it related to 360° of analogue sticks?
2. Are the middle buttons of the gamepad programmable or they are usable only for regulation of the gamepad?

3. In this gamepad below, is that hoop resembling surrounding D-Pad thing optical wheel or useless decoraion?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:06:16 pm by Gondvanaz »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: A few questions about gamepad's buttons
I would recommend checking the manufacturer's sites for this.

I would also recommend not getting those things and using a regular 360 pad instead.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Davros

2 axis on each stick, 2 axis on the dpad and 1 on the wheel = 7

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I've always liked my Logitech Rumblepad more than I like my Xbox 360 controller. Unfortunately a lot of games don't support anything but the 360 controller. I could never learn how to use the 360 controller either and instead prefer good old kb+mouse. For driving games I still prefer the Rumblepad.

That said, I'm waiting for Steam Controller with great excitement.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The_E's suggestion is probably the best, as they can go into detail about specific gamepads they offer. Here's a few that I can answer:

1. The 7th axis on a gamepad is the optical wheel.

2.  Depends on the gamepad.

3. The Hama gamepad you linked does not have a wheel.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.