Author Topic: So, PetroGlyph made another game...  (Read 4893 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
So, PetroGlyph made another game...
And they ran into no ad campaign again. Thankfully, Steam Community and YouTube are picking up the pieces.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/290790/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ELug2mPc0 (TB Review)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: So, PetroGlyph made another game...
I just stumbled across this on Steam myself.  Unfortunately I haven't (yet) played any of the C&C classics, but the thought of a good classic RTS without any MOBA bull**** or SC crazy-clickfest sounds pretty appealing.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Personally, I am still pissed Trion games jacked End of Nations from them and drove it straight into the ground by trying to make some mutant MOBA hybrid to try and milk the cash cow.

As for this one; haven't play multiplayer yet, but damn that AI kicks my ass.  Not sure if rusty or playing vs the HAL 9000
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Looks good, but not sure I want to drop 50 on it yet. maybe when it's on sale. I love me some C&C

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
the wiki page is just disgusting...
"Also, maps feature terrain obstructing vision similar to games such as Dota and League of Legends."
really ****ers? really?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Remember, anything even remotely interesting was invented by your favorite game.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Total Biscuit did a fairly interesting video on it
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I would really love a C&C remake.

There was something about the atmosphere of the original that no sequel could beat.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline An4ximandros

the wiki page is just disgusting...
"Also, maps feature terrain obstructing vision similar to games such as Dota and League of Legends."
really ****ers? really?
Those two games are what caused public knowledge of those terrain game-play features. Not that many play a dying genre (RTS) since no-one tries anything remotely interesting in it.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
MEh...the visual unit design is honestly ugly. Watching the video it's all dog-like or dinosaur-like walkers.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Hm. I love a good RTS, the visuals look impressive, and the reviews are pretty positive... on the other hand, the price seems waaay too high for a mere five missions per faction (by comparison, $10 for Knights of the Old Republic gave me about seven and a half hours per dollar, not to mention higher replay value). Maybe if it goes on sale.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline An4ximandros

I remind you that Kotor was fifty monies when it came out.

I am interested in learning of the modding scene for this game, it could turn up really cool.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I remind you that Kotor was fifty monies when it came out.

Even by that comparison this is still much less.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've never put much stock in cost-per-gameplay-hour estimates myself, especially when you're comparing disparate genres with different intentions.  Even given its length, KOTOR is a singleplayer game, and multi tends to be a big selling point of the RTS genre.  Not that I'm saying people shouldn't be free to place their own value on what they play, but it's easy to fall into an apples-to-oranges trap.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Did I spend a lot ?
Did I have much fun ?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I've never put much stock in cost-per-gameplay-hour estimates myself, especially when you're comparing disparate genres with different intentions.  Even given its length, KOTOR is a singleplayer game, and multi tends to be a big selling point of the RTS genre.  Not that I'm saying people shouldn't be free to place their own value on what they play, but it's easy to fall into an apples-to-oranges trap.

Fair enough. KOTOR tangent aside, my point was that the pricepoint seemed much too high. But hey, it's Steam, so patience = savings.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Despite all it's flaws, I really liked petroglyph's Universe at War for what it tried to do. It looks like they brought some of the ideas over to this game, such as the flow network for the humans and the goo basically having hierarchy walkers. I'll get it when it goes on sale