Author Topic: Nomad Fleet  (Read 3445 times)

Hey all,

I thought this looked interesting, it's a space RTS called Nomad Fleet on Steam Greenlight.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=427297728

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I like the capital designs.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Looks worse than terrible.

1) It's not even in alpha yet.

2) Why?

Offline Mikes

Sadly, I'd have to agree, this looks rather amateurish and not in a good way.

The "but it's alpha!" excuse doesn't really work either with a trailer that displays such a mh ... let's call it "lack of potential" on so many levels.

In a nutshell, ... everything on display basically looks like a (much) worse version of Homeworld lol.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:22:54 pm by Mikes »

The models aren't too bad but the effects are dull as **** and everything is so slow.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

The "but it's alpha!" excuse doesn't really work either with a trailer that displays such a mh ... let's call it "lack of potential" on so many levels.

This is pre-alpha. Preeeee.

I mean, I'm not saying it's something to get crazy excited about necessarily but at a stage where some lone programmer/designer is just working to make the project happen it's a little early to determine if it's going to be any good or not.

So, on potential, I'd have to disagree: I don't think there's any way to really know whether there is any potential there. There is a lot more info on the Unity Work-In-Progress forum:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/nomad-fleet-space-rts-pc.272589/

Maybe it's just way too early in its development to turn any heads, and I can certainly understand that.

The models aren't too bad but the effects are dull as **** and everything is so slow.

Not sure what you mean about it being slow. The effects look like they're just something to be a placeholder, at least for the one explosion it shows over and over.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
It may yet be a great game, you cannot judge gameplay well from a trailer. But you can judge graphics and art style, and I have to say I am not impressed by that.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Not sure what you mean about it being slow. The effects look like they're just something to be a placeholder, at least for the one explosion it shows over and over.

All the effects take a really long time to properly unfold and there's no punch or impact to any of them.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

All the effects take a really long time to properly unfold and there's no punch or impact to any of them.

Well, I tried.