Author Topic: MCO 484  (Read 5235 times)

Offline magic

MCO 484 is uploaded to moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-omnitech/downloads/mech-commander-omnitech-484

List of all changes since 424:

MECHS
Jaegermech model fix, new mech model Jaegermech3.
Hunchback2c model fix.
New Copter model - Assault Copter (45t).
Sunder mech redesign - 300 polys less, shadow model 1000 polys less, better texture, 9 weapon nodes and
corrected pivot points, new animation.
Bear Transport copter added.
New Broadsword model.
New copter VTOL.
New air unit - Karnov.
Redesign of Warhammer 2C mech (2000 lesss polys, shadow model 400 polys, 7 weapon nodes, new animation)
New mech Archer (9 weapon nodes) in place of Blood asp 2. Blood Asp 2 removed from the game.

BUILDINGS
Redesign of old Hangar model - passability map fixed.
New MediumAutocannonTurret with shot animation - old model replaced.
New Hangar model.
New PPC turret - animated shot.
New Heavy AC Turret - animated shot.
New Pulse Laser turret. Sound for LargeLaser and HUA Cannons changed.
New Rapid Fire Turret with rotating fire animation.
3 NEW buildings - old buildings dressed in my SET1 texture, Com Tower, RP Building and Weapons facility.
New buildings: bridge2, bridge2_side, bridge2_side_opposite, bridge3.
New models: Kurita HEavy Gate, Wall, Post; Medium Gate, Wall, Post; Light Gate, Wall, Post.

GENERAL CHANGES
New setformated text function for use in ABL scripts with char "#" end of line. command settextmsg chaned to use
new function. Old function remained for use in editor.
Mech Jump distance is now showing real jump distance instead of constant 125.
Options screen changed. Player can set and force one of supported resolutions. Mission mw2_n_7 fix.
MechCamera zoom fixed.
New medal awards. Fixed model scaling in Mission briefing screen.
New weapon "Explosive" - fire one explosive round from very close range - for sucide vehicles. New suicide Fuel Truck,
with Explosives. Moves to enemy unit and when close fires explsoves that will detonate and explode.
Projectile speed for balistic weapons increased.
QuickLaod support state fixed. A_0_2 mission fixed - Centurion is fallen.
Bugfix - when salvaging mech with ActiveProbe with destroyed sensor, probe will try to adjust sensor range of
destroyed sensor - causing error - fixed.
Salvaged mechs with destroyed leg will limp (leg is not auto-repaired during recover). If both legs are destroyed
one must be repaired.
If repair truck empty - set cursor to no repair.
New feature added for buildings (for repair bays that should stay open when empty). Line added in building fit file
for those objects only: b CloseEmpty=false. Default value is true. 2 files changed frepbay.fit and frepbay2.fit
Mech power-up after salvage delayed 1 second.
Obsolete code segments for some old graphic cards removed.
When ordered to repair in mech bay unit speed is run. When ordered to repair unit Repair truck speed is run.
When ordered to capture unit speed is run.
Active Probe bug fixed. Only hapens when using mech with active probe at random. Salvaged mechs with destroyed sensor
have no sensor after salvage.
New mechicon set by Aetrion: (BloodKite, champion, Crusader(NEW), Gladiator(NEW), Hades(NEW), Highlander, Naga,
Salamander(NEW), Sunder, Thunderbolt(NEW), Zeus, Thanatos and FireWraith (NEW)). After mission pilot review area
skill atribute meters changed.
Key_I assigned to info_tab button.
Buildings.csv changed, Landed Broadsword and Cargo Dropship (vehicles) moved from air units to vehicle and vehicle_prop
categories. All air units have their flight level 3x.
HELICOPTER_FACTOR changed to 50 to center slection box to new flight lavel.
Mech fallforward and fallbackward DAM models are not used any more. The game will use last fallen state of mech object and
just change texture on it.
Player ejection command from parked mechs and aircrafts will leave those units without pilot and parked.
Mech damage transfer after mission changed. HAC Turret and Pulse Laser Turret fix.
Random RPs for RP Buildings that have ResourcePoints = 1 in the FIT file.
Random RPs for all RP buildings - number between 0 and max RPs.
Bug caused with 455 fixed - mech animation after salvage.
Icons for vehicle pilots were set to 26 the same icon, it will take icon number defined in pilot file now.
Artillery, minelayer, recover and repair pilot files fixed - picture index 26. Code fix.
NEW versions of corebrain and pbrain files - player refit truck now auto repairs all players and friendly mechs within radius if idle.
Refit truck AI fix - repair only if mech is idle.
Number of game objects that can be loaded in mission is now up to 50.000.
Info about game resolution added to main menu screen. All main manu FIT files changed - added text box.
MCUI_Universal3.tga with fix when both infowindow and objectives are open.
Line of sigt changed - calculated per cockpit position. Line of fire changed - every weapon node position has its
own line of fire. MaxVisualRange changed to 500 (400).
Hangar fix. New Kurita medium wall and post. Centurion wrong smoke node name fix.
Project Bridge started - Mech walk over the bridge implemented. New object Bridge2 implemented for testing.
Second icon set from Aetrion: Centurion (mixed with my icon), Dragon, Grizzly (NEW), Jaegermech 3 (NEW - moded by
me), Jenner 2C (NEW - moded by me), Lupus, Ranger (NEW - moded by me), Warhammer 2C (NEW).
New icon set by Aetrion: Arcer - mech, Assault copter, Bear Karnov, VTOL.

ABL COMMANDS
- hirepilot(pilotFileName)
Effect: Add pilot to players roster; Example: hirepilot("pmwlynx");

- addnewpilot(MechID, "pilotFileName", "brainFileName");
MechID - part id for mover (getunitmates(squadID)) from squad ID.
pilotFileName - name of the pilot file (pmwlynx).
brainFileName - name of the brain file (pbrain, dredattack01,...)

Effect: Create new pilot from file and add to selected mech. It also sets the brain file.
If the pilot exists it will overwrite the pilot. DO NOT add pilots that are used in SP campaign before, it will erase
all accumulated experience. Use only to add new pilots. If the pilot is already on players roster, pilot icon will
not change. Must use script to remove mover from player then add it back after calling this collmand eg.:
addnewpilot(Commando, "pmwgator", "pbrain");
addmovertoplayer(Commando, 0, 2); //remove commando from player roster and add to allied team
addmovertoplayer(Commando, 0, 0); //add commando to player roster

(the same as addnewpilot but can be used for players units only - sets pilot icon correctly)
- addnewpilottoplayer(MechID, "pilotFileName", "brainFileName");
MechID - part id for mover (getunitmates(squadID)) from squad ID.
pilotFileName - name of the pilot file (pmwlynx).
brainFileName - name of the brain file (pbrain, dredattack01,...)

Effect: Create new pilot from file and add to selected mech. It also sets the brain file.
If the pilot exists it will overwrite the pilot. DO NOT add pilots that are used in SP campaign before, it will erase
all accumulated experience. Use only to add new pilots. Allied team must exist in mission and muste have at least one unit.

- numfriendswithinradius(PartID, radius);

PartID - part id for mover (getunitmates(squadID)) from squad ID (or -1=self for use in warrior brain).
radius - radius around unit to look for friends.

example:
num_friends1 = numfriendswithinradius(Commando, 600.0);

- numenemieswithinradius(PartID, radius);

PartID - part id for mover (getunitmates(squadID)) from squad ID (or -1=self for use in warrior brain).
radius - radius around unit to look for enemies.

example:
num_enemies1 = numenemieswithinradius(Commando, 500.0);

- ablprint("FileName", AnyValue);

For debugging in ABL scripts.
FileName - Name of the file that will be created in data folder.
AnyValue - any variable or value you want ot print to file, chars or strings must be "example_text".

example:
ablprint("Friends1", num_friends1);
ablprint("Enemies1", num_enemies1);

- isrefit;

Return value: true if mover is refit vehicle. For use in warrior brain file.

autorepairwithinradius(PartID, radius);

radius - radius around unit to look for friendy units that need repairs, if no enemies around.

Repair all damaged friendly mechs within radius if no enemies around.
example:
autorepairwithinradius(-1, 500.0);

- ABL command:
setunitforcegroup(PartID, new_force_group);

PartID - part id for mover (getunitmates(squadID)) from squad ID.
new_force_group - number between 1 and 9.

5 campaign global variables created - 0,1,2,3,4 (last throug the entire campaign). To access those gloabal variables:

- setcampaignglobalvar(VariableNumber, VariableValue);

VariableNumber - number of global avriable (5 for now = 0,1,2,3,4).
VariableValue - integer value to be set to selected variable.

example:
setcampaignglobalvar(0, 3);

- getcampaignglobalvar(VariableNumber);

VariableNumber - number of global avriable (5 for now = 0,1,2,3,4).
return value - value stored in selected global variable.

example:
GlobalVarValue0 = getcampaignglobalvar(0);
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:37:15 pm by magic »

Thank you very much!  :yes:

Awesome Work Magic will download as soon as I get home.

Just some quick feed back.

After downloading installing the game launched perfectly, auto selecting my screen resolution properly and all menus etc properly central where they should be.  Job well done.

Windows 64 Home Premium, Nvidia 660ti video card, Intel I7 cpu.  Resolution 1680*1050.

Additionally I have a later version of the MS redistributable package (already installed) and have had no problems.

Thanks Magic!

Unfortunately haven't been able to get very far - the screens are offset to the right so I can't get to the Next or Launch buttons. Also, the mouse cursor only shows around the very edges of the screen, it disappears elsewhere.

I am running desktop at 2560 x 1440.

Info below, let me know if you need anything else or want me to try something, will be hapy to provide more or test something. Thanks for the new release!!

M/B + CPU:

Property   Value
Motherboard Summary
Manufacturer   ASRock
Model   X99 OC Formula
Version   Not Available
Serial Number   E80-4A004400195
Bridge
North Bridge   Intel Haswell-E Revision 02
South Bridge   Intel X99 Revision 05
CPU
Name   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz
CPU Socket   Socket 2011 LGA
Max CPU Speed   4000 MHz
Memory Summary   Reported by BIOS
Memory Type   [unknown]
Installed Memory   16 GB
Available Memory   15 GB
Channels   4
Maximum Capacity   512 GB

Operating System Windows 7
Name   Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
Features   Terminal Services in Remote Admin Mode, 64 Bit Edition, Media Center Edition, Multiprocessor Free, OEM-Version
Edition Type   Professional
Edition ID   X15-37362
Key Type   OEM:NONSLP
EULA   OEM
SKU   0x30 Professional
Language   English
Activation Status   Activated
License Status   Licensed [Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_COA_NSLP channel]
Genuine   Yes
Checked Build   No
UAC Enabled   Yes
Kernel Version   6.1.7601.18869
Build Lab   7601.win7sp1_gdr.150525-0603
Build Lab Ex   7601.18869.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150525-0603
Security   256 bits
MMC Version   3.0
Hardware DEP Available   Yes
Available   Yes
DEP for 32 Bits Applications   Yes
DEP for Drivers   Yes
DEP Policy   OptIn (only Windows system binaries)
Structured Exception Handling Overwrite Protection   Disabled
Windows Update's version number   7.6.7601.18804
Installation Time   2014-12-11 23:11:11

VIDEO:

Name [SIW]   NVIDIA Corporation GM204 [GeForce GTX 970] [Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI]]
Video Processor   GeForce GTX 970
Adapter DAC Type   Integrated RAMDAC
Memory   4095 MBytes
Dedicated Video Memory   3072 MB (3221225472)
Dedicated System Memory   0 MB (0)
Shared System Memory   1023 MB (1073676288)
Adapter BIOS String   Version 84.04.2F.00.F1
Adapter BIOS Date   10/29/14
PnP Device Id   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_31601462&REV_A1\4&B0D7636&0&0018
Video Mode Description   2560 x 1440 x 4294967296 colors
Driver Version   9.18.13.4752
Drivers   nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver Date   2015-02-05 00:00:00
DirectX   DirectX v11.0
File Version   6.1.7600.16385

Thanks Magic!

Unfortunately haven't been able to get very far - the screens are offset to the right so I can't get to the Next or Launch buttons. Also, the mouse cursor only shows around the very edges of the screen, it disappears elsewhere.

I am running desktop at 2560 x 1440.

Fixed this with Force Resolution. I then turned off forced resolution and restarted, and I was back to the off-center screen with invisible cursor. So I turned forced resolution back on at 1920x1080 and it looks and is working fine, mouse cursor shows up too. It is very tricky however to carry out this process with an invisible cursor  :)

Off to play with editing tools.

Offline magic

vossiewulf,

Max supported resolution for MCO is 1920x1080.

Game engine cant handle higher resolutions.

Not entirely fixed - still perfectly usable but the cursor disappears in about the top fifth of the screen, shows everywhere else. It's like the mouse thinks there is a different screen res/aspect ratio than the game resolution/aspect ratio set by Force Resolution.

vossiewulf,

Max supported resolution for MCO is 1920x1080.

Game engine cant handle higher resolutions.

Ok, thanks Magic. If at some point you can force it to max supported res when a higher res is detected, that will help some new folks with high-res screens.

Offline magic

Not entirely fixed - still perfectly usable but the cursor disappears in about the top fifth of the screen, shows everywhere else. It's like the mouse thinks there is a different screen res/aspect ratio than the game resolution/aspect ratio set by Force Resolution.

Go to Options screen and disable HARDWARE MOUSE UPDATE. This happens when this option is enabled.

EDIT: Very good idea - force highest resolution when higher resolution detected.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:35:09 am by magic »

Go to Options screen and disable HARDWARE MOUSE UPDATE. This happens when this option is enabled.

EDIT: Very good idea - force highest resolution when higher resolution detected.

Thanks Magic, mouse all fixed now too!

If you want to get more sophisticated on dealing with resolutions beyond what you support, you could force the highest resolution you do support that ALSO matches the aspect ratio of the user's current resolution. And glad I could help.