Sorry to take so long but I finally had the time to play it today. All in all, it's a pretty solid mission. I didn't give it a serious playtest with an eye to actually trying to break it but what I saw worked pretty well. There are a few niggles though so let me go over them.
1) Small spelling mistake in the briefing, Bolitho class not Bolitha
2) The briefing has a line from the Theseus to the Mercury but the Mercury is not actually visible on the screen. If you open up the briefing editor and then click on the Zoom Extents button on the tool bar you can make it visible. Basically you need to play around with the controls until both icons are visible at the same time.
3) I don't know if this was deliberate or not but the default layout for my ship appears to be a MK VIIe with 4 nukes. That's some pretty heavy loadout for what is basically an escort mission, that's more in line with what you'd have if you were taking out the basestar!
4) You probably could do with some more messages from the Mercury saying what its status is. The first time I played I didn't pay enough attention to it and the result was it died with no warning and I got a mission failed. A few more "We're taking a pounding! More cover pilots!" style messages would help a lot with that.
5) The Bolitho has a departure cue of the Theseus' hanger bay even though it's far too large to comfortably fit in there. Worse still, due to the way departure orders work, as soon as it arrives it then disappears. Telling the Bolitho to dock rather than depart would look much better.
Despite the complaints, I think this was a pretty decent mission. Especially if this was your first attempt at FREDding.