Author Topic: We need beta testers!  (Read 2651 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
We need beta testers!
We need a couple testers to hammer on our campaign for a week or two before release. We need people who can get to it right away, pay close attention, and write thorough notes on

-difficulty
-any glitched, inaudible, or unprocessed audio
-bugs and balance
-opportunities for polish and cool features

We need at least one person who plays on Insane and one person who plays on Easy/Very Easy. We will hook you up with our SVN and you will need to play all the way through Blue Planet, start to finish!

Offline crizza

Re: We need beta testers!
I'M interested for the easy/very part... but my rig is now pretty old :D

I'm interested for the easy part.
What is an "old nazi plate"?

One puts food on it then goebbels it up.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Was debating PMing to ask if you needed any ironically. If you need another I should be able to get through it. Reckon it'd take me about a week (would include trying out the multi-option missions several times to do the different options, good week to do it as lots of free periods).

I couldn't do the insane run-through sadly but could probably handle a normal or below no problem. Thankfully new rig means I should be able to handle a 'all bells & whistles' play-through for you to check the fps if that will help?
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Add these three and that should be enough.

I'd volunteer for the insane playthrough, but I have no idea how much spare time I'm going to have over the next 2-3 weeks, or how good I would be at beta-testing.

I play on insane but unfortunately I won't be able to play till Monday. Not sure exactly what you mean by "right away" but my pedals are completely kaput and the new ones I ordered won't be here till Monday.
If that's fine then I'd like to apply.

Edit: Managed to make them reset with a few bottle caps, a nail clipper, and lots of duct tape. Though I think they're more suited to playing Derilict than Blue Planet right now.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:06:23 am by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I did specifically want you so I think we can fit you in, Frikg.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
I won't offer my services for testing as I believe that I do not have the skill set required.

However, if there are any audio issues such as sounds or voice lines that need normalising, then I will be willing to help out here if it is any use!

Drop me a PM if you need me! :)
I do not feel... I think!

Offline Veers

Thought about offering for Insane, but considering my track record with BP so far on insane.. I would like to keep my head of hair at this time :P

Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

I've beta tested plenty before, but I'm not sure if I have the time.

Offline crizza

I'll start the hookup procedure right now, last weekend I had simply no time :D

Offline Sdorgo

Is it not too late to volunteer for testing? I would love to, much enjoyed the campaign and the coherent storytelling. Nothing's better than give a third playthrough a sense of purpose!

Haven't been a beta tester before, would like to learn the know-how. Usually play on medium difficulty, so insane would be uncomfortable and very easy... well, too easy. Have plenty of free time though, most evenings and next weekends are surely free.

And may gods hear my prayers that there would be no additional Universal Truths (though something tells me they already are). Last time I unknowingly stepped right into the 'worm'... Took me two days to dare a second replay.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We're full up right now, but no fear, release should be quite soon!

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
While it would have been a great honor and a lot of fun to beta test for such a great campaign, I did not apply because I thought that I was not suited to beta testing. However, I am very stoked for the upcoming release. Best of luck, folks!
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?