Author Topic: new "best space games" list from PCGamer  (Read 1455 times)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
new "best space games" list from PCGamer
I stumbled across this list, posted earlier today.  Freespace is on the list, but not FS2.  A few people had already commented on that, and I posted directing people to hard light.

http://www.pcgamer.com/best-space-games-pc/

Edits: dammit, I can't type.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Re: new "best spacee games" list from PCGamer
The screenshot and year of publication are both from FS2, so they just forgot the '2'. I suggest contacting the author.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Re: new "best space games" list from PCGamer
The screenshot and year of publication are both from FS2, so they just forgot the '2'. I suggest contacting the author.

Nice catch!  Also, he mentions combat in a nebula.  IIRC, that didn't happen until FS2.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Missing Star Control 2

I see from the comments that the author has attracted some criticism by passing over Freelancer in favour of games that were actually good
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Well, I was kinda wondering where FS2 was - as that was an apex of a fading era and did a fine job at it.

Then again, PC gamer has been ever so slowly slipping, but I'll wait and see.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Article called ME2 'scientifically the best Mass Effect'.  I'm almost embarrassed Freespace is mentioned in the same article as a statement like that. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Article called ME2 'scientifically the best Mass Effect'.  I'm almost embarrassed Freespace is mentioned in the same article as a statement like that.
I didn't see the 'scientifically the best Mass Effect' quote, but I do completely agree that it was an 'unforgettable journey across the galaxy' because of how bad its plot was and because planet scanning is better than actual exploration apparently.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
It was a caption on one of the pictures, linking to a poll article.
I like to stare at the sun.