Author Topic: Cant get BPcomplete to run  (Read 3309 times)

Offline xYama

• Twitter
Cant get BPcomplete to run
What am I doing wrong? 3 months of boot camp and I've forgotten how to computer. x.x

Crash Log:

game_settings.tbl(line 13):
Error: Missing required token: [#END]. Found [$Shield Pain Flash Factor: -1] instead.

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2.exe! <no symbol>
fs2_open_3_7_2.exe! <no symbol>

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Cant get BPcomplete to run
You need to use a recent nightly build like this one. BP is not compatible with 3.7.2.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline xYama

• Twitter
Oh god. Im an idiot. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate the quick response!

Offline BlendFX

Hello everyone, i also can`t get BP to run!

I installed BP 3.7.3 with SSE2 too, but my error is this: thing

---------------------------
Error!
Could not load in 2_CommandBrief-mb!
ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_3_SSE2_20151103_0ea25e7.exe! <no symbol>
USER32.dll! PeekMessageA + 360 bytes

[ This info is in the clipboard so you can paste it somewhere now ]

Use Ok to break into Debugger, Cancel to exit.

OK   Cancel

It shows up after i load BP: Age of Aquarius, after first cinematic (where GTD orestes and others jumping in and Part 1 starts to load), when loading finishes i suddenly broken back to desktop with this kind of error...   
It also warns me upon booting up (fs 2)  that "currently active mod generated 54 errors" then proceeds to main menu.

If i ignore this message, i get to the message pad (when you read emails before missions, in this case as samuel Bei (yes i played all older BP WIH and AoA, downloaded your newest release to refresh my good memories of making things go boom as true Alpha 1  ;))   and i can`t click ANY buttons in the menu whatsoever, only F1, F2 and F3 are working.

Can anyone help me with that please? I`m not sure what i did wrong.

Also no other campaigns are working, the blade itself, War in heaven part 1 and 2 - all seem to have this error, or similar one.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It looks like the mediavps are either not installed, or not where BP expects them to be.

Offline BlendFX

Hello again and thank you for quick response, i think i found this file "fs2_open" that was generated as log (i followed the instruction). Attaching it to the message now

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yep, you definitely do not have the 2014 MediaVPs installed. They're needed for BP to run.

Offline BlendFX

Oh, okay, thank you for solution, will try to find and install MediaVPs now  :)

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
You should be able to use the installer to download the MediaVPs, but it can also be found here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86475.0.

I had a similar crash when I first started, and I had the MediaVPs installed.

However, when I ran the game again, it worked.
Although, it has significantly more frame rate issues when compared to how it ran before the update.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I had a similar crash when I first started, and I had the MediaVPs installed.

However, when I ran the game again, it worked.
Although, it has significantly more frame rate issues when compared to how it ran before the update.

Turn off shadows and deferred lighting in the launcher.

Hi folks, I cannot run bpcomplete on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit, wxlauncher shows:

FS2 Open did not create a flag file.

Its not running with both the builds from Nov 2nd and 4th, respectively.

Do you need wxlauncher 0.10.1 for it? Because of dependency hell it may not build on 14.04... Will try to compile from source (tomorrow or on Friday) and report back

Thank you guys for doing this great job.

wxlauncher has a field somewhere in the advanced settings that tells you exactly what command line it'll run. Copy and paste that into a terminal and see if it runs.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Do you need wxlauncher 0.10.1 for it? Because of dependency hell it may not build on 14.04... Will try to compile from source (tomorrow or on Friday) and report back

FYI, I can compile & run wxlauncher 0.10.1 on 64bit Mint 17, which is practically the same as ubuntu 14.04.

Having said that, "cannot create a flag file" looks like a problem with the FSO exec rather than wxlauncher. If you downloaded the exec from the nightly thread then it's 32bit & requires some extra work to get running on 64bit Linux.  See my .sig for details on installing the relevant 32bit libraries (32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu).
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Turn off shadows and deferred lighting in the launcher.

Actually, I did that before I even played.
I have no idea how bad it would be if I turned those on.

You need to use a recent nightly build like this one. BP is not compatible with 3.7.2.

I'm actually running into a problem with this bit. I've downloaded the standard version for Windows and it's all unpacked and everything, but I'm not sure what I'm quite supposed to do with it. With the final 3.7.2 builds it was just as easy as selecting the build from the launcher and boom everything is good. I realized I can't quite do that with this, but I don't know exactly what I'm doing.

What I'm getting after unpacking the zip file is 4 .pdb files with an executable with each .pdb (1 SSE2 and 1 Debug for both the actual game executable and the FRED stuffs), which I'm assuming is normal. Not sure exactly what I do with it afterwards.

Probably a dumb question, but I haven't tinkered with computer stuff in ages.  :nervous:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:59:19 pm by camelpockets »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
With the final 3.7.2 builds it was just as easy as selecting the build from the launcher and boom everything is good. I realized I can't quite do that with this
...Why not?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

With the final 3.7.2 builds it was just as easy as selecting the build from the launcher and boom everything is good. I realized I can't quite do that with this
...Why not?

It's telling me that it failed to run with this build. I will just add that the exe file size is only 1kb instead of the usual 5-10k kb size, if that raises any suspicions.

This process should be just as simple as downloading the file, unpacking, then dragging what's there into the freespace folder, select the build (with the bp mod of course) and run the game right?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:22:37 pm by camelpockets »

And I got it. It was the software unpacking the .7z file what was not extracting the .exe(s) correctly. Downloaded some other software, and it extracted it correctly.