Author Topic: Resolution Issue with Screenshots  (Read 2400 times)

Resolution Issue with Screenshots
Hello, I know I'm not the only one with this issue. I cannot play this mod since I'm having the same issue like many others. I've tried forced resolution with multiple settings, but however that only enlarges the game in 256 resolution to the point where I cannot do anything on screen. I'm forced to uninstall the game then reinstall it. I have tried multiple other resolutions but with no luck. Here are my PC specs.

PC: Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 GHz

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750

Re: Resolution Issue with Screenshots
Hopefully Magic sees this, I know he was intending to take a couple days off from MCO land after getting 539 out the door. Wish I had better advice for you, but the force res works fine for me. Unfortunately the reality is that various resolutions are tested by just a couple people, not like there's a big QA dept.

Offline magic

What is your desktop resolution?

I can see game resolution is 1024x768.
Please do not use 1024x768.

Try to do the following:
1) Check your desktop resolution - right click anywhere on your desktop and select "screen resolution"
2) You can see one that is recommended by windows (usually) - move the slider above or below to see what resolutions your monitor can support.
3) Pick one of those (the higher the better)  that match one of the "forced resolutions" and use force resolution setting for that one.

Please write what your current resolution is?
I want to know what forced MCO to 1024x763. It should not go there any more...

What is your desktop resolution?

I can see game resolution is 1024x768.
Please do not use 1024x768.

Try to do the following:
1) Check your desktop resolution - right click anywhere on your desktop and select "screen resolution"
2) You can see one that is recommended by windows (usually) - move the slider above or below to see what resolutions your monitor can support.
3) Pick one of those (the higher the better)  that match one of the "forced resolutions" and use force resolution setting for that one.

Please write what your current resolution is?
I want to know what forced MCO to 1024x763. It should not go there any more...

It is 1024x768. Unfortunately, that is the highest resolution this monitor supports and the one that windows recommends. I can go lower to 800x600, but then the resolution is awful and I cannot function anything normally on my desktop. Perhaps in your next release, try adding 1024x768 support for those who use that resolution since it seems to be a common resolution for a lot of computers.

Arnold, 1024 x 768 res is extremely rare now, 4:3 aspect ratio in general has almost disappeared. For laptops with small screens, the common res is now 1366 x 768 which is the aspect ratio shared by all modern monitors. As Magic said, he isn't even allowing 1024 x 768 anymore.