Author Topic: wxLauncher 0.10.1 issue  (Read 1239 times)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
wxLauncher 0.10.1 issue
I apologize if this is not in the right place to post this issue.

In windows 10, I can run everything fine with a recent 3.7.3 nightly build, but when I try to select 3.7.2 on the Basic Settings tab, I get a truncated message at the bottom of the screen that says "Execution of command 'E:\games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_3_7_2.exe -get_flags' failed (error 740: the requested operation

When I click on the Advanced Settings tab, the only thing shown is the message "Waiting for flag file to be generated and parsed."

The only way I can get the launcher to work again is to select the 3.7.3 exe, then close and reopen the launcher.

I tried deleting and re-downloading 3.7.2, but it did not resolve anything.

Any help is appreciated! 

Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Re: wxLauncher 0.10.1 issue
Any suggestions on this?  I tried letting it sit overnight to see if the "flag file" was ever "generated and parsed," and I tried disabling Avast AV before running.  I also tried re-installing 3.7.2 again through Goober's installer.  I guess it is not a big deal, really, since I have not run into any issues so far with the nightly build, but all I have played since this error started is FSBlue.  I don't know if older mods will play so nice, so it is nice to have a fallback ready.

EDIT: I just tried using today's nightly as well, but when I selected it the launcher just locked up and stopped responding.  Even when I close and re-open it, cannot get in to change my .exe.  I'll try reinstalling the launcher to see if that helps.

EDIT 2:  Disabling AV let the more recent nightly work, but still did nothing for 3.7.2.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:10:48 pm by deathspeed »
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.