Author Topic: Haegemonia Gold Edition on sale at GOG  (Read 1145 times)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Haegemonia Gold Edition on sale at GOG
http://www.gog.com/game/haegemonia_gold_edition for $2.49

Somehow this one slipped by without me ever hearing of it - maybe because I wasn't into strategy games at all until about 2006.  Has anyone played it?  Any thoughts on it?
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Re: Haegemonia Gold Edition on sale at GOG
Bad bad bad bad bad bad bad boring. Any expectations that you may have, you will be disappointed as I played a few hours and found literally nothing to do in that game.

For a space strategy, try Starmageddon, I'd recommend. Not as good as Homeworld, but still rad.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
When it was a new game, I must have finished the game several times, at least once with each weapon technology tree. I quite liked the game. There was an expansion released to the game, but sadly I never could find it anywhere. But that was then, I don't know how it holds up today.

I found it really disappointing. I expected it to be a sort of Imperium Galactica 3, but it didn't have nearly the gameplay depth of IG 2, while still having a good bunch of its flaws. I also wasn't too convinced by the economic model and ship designs, at least for the humans. It didn't interest me enough to get really far into the campaign, but story wise, was I saw was kinda bland.

Anyway, maybe my expectations about the game were off the mark, but in the end, I just didn't enjoy playing that game, so I can't really tell what's good about it.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Tried it, didn't get really far into the story. Wouldn't really call it a hidden gem, but it's a decent game if you like space RTSes. No Imperium Galactica (so my quest for a worthy successor to IG2 is still ongoing), but it's playable. For 2.50$ it probably isn't a bad deal, though I wouldn't really give more than that for it.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Thanks, all.  I might go ahead and pick this up.  I don't have the time or attention span for something extremely deep; I am ok with a game being fairly shallow if it is fun.  I probably have more hours in C&C3 skirmishes than in any other game, and I still don't get bored with them.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.