Author Topic: [RELEASE] I made a 1080p HUD  (Read 15816 times)

Re: [RELEASE] I made a 1080p HUD
There was an optional extra that added radar icons for bp a while back, but it's a little out of date with the ship renames and new ships. I tabled my own but couldn't find any fitting icons for the super-juggernauts. Also had to set the frigates as radar-corvette as to my knowledge nobody made a radar-frigate icon for bp.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
At a glance, this is a sweet-looking HUD. Conversely, though, I have the distinct impression that this would be incredibly jarring to a 15 year FreeSpace veteran.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
:bump:

Does anyone still have a copy of this? The download link does not work.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
This HUD is now available on Knossos:

INSTALL AND PLAY USING KNOSSOS

At 1440p, I really do like the way this HUD looks....
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Any chance this could be updated to not distort the radar background? In 2d mode the center circle represents 90 degree from the direction the ship is facing and the outer circle is 180 degrees... but with the distortion introduced with this mod, that only holds true for the up-down axis... the radar blips/icons still presume a circular radar plot. Even if I use the -center_res launch option to force a 4:3 ratio for the HUD, the radar background is still distorted horizontally. 3d radar still works as it should... but, of course, doesn't line up with the inner circle of the radar background. For now i'll stick to 3d radar because of that.

EDIT: Upon further testing, it appears that the 2d radar distorts the possition of blips/icons in proportion to the distortion of the radar background. I had tested this previously and determined otherwise... but it seems that my initial testing was flawed. Still... I prefer the 3d radar... shame it looks so much worse with this background
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 02:09:57 pm by jadeddragoon »

Ive been trying to install this mod in Knossos but keep getting an error that says "Im sorry but you won't be able to install HD HUD for FS2 because MVPS is missing".

I do have MVPS 4.4.2 install according to Knossos I even deleted it and reinstalled and got the same error.

Offline Rvn

:confused:Yep... Same thing for me. It's so sad.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Sorry, I missed the earlier comment.  I've published an update which seems to work fine:

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.