Author Topic: Sega's Make Love not War  (Read 4716 times)

Sega's Make Love not War
If you are puzzled by the name of this thread. Basically, there's a whole bunch of Steam games going for free made by Sega. Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit + DLC and Sega Classics. They are being sold as a single package that you can get by going to either of the above's store page's.

Apparently there are two other packages of free Sega games being released this week. This depends on if a bunch of TW:Attila, COFII and WH40k:DoWII players can do well enough in some event that SEGA's hosting if they are released for free in the first place. Some sort of tournament I guess?

The 2nd bundle includes: Streets of Rage, Binary Domain, Condemed Crinimal Origins. While the the 3rd includes: Gunstar Heroes, Renegade OP's and Vikings: Battle for Asgard.

(If any of this is unclear, shout at me and I'll fix it)

Re: Sega's Make Love not War
You've posted this in General Freespace Discussion. It has nothing at all to do with Freespace.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Goddamn it.

;) Thanks Axem. I think is like the 2nd time I've done this. Next time I'll double check where I am posting.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I'm doing Attila battles.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Don't have any of the requisite games, but I will gladly leech off the freebies. :yes:

Neither :). But my friends does and hes doing Attila stuff. I do however really like free stuff!

Package #2 just came out. Streets of Rage II, Binary Domain and Condemed Criminal Origins are available free for now able to be redeemed from SEGA's website this time.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:24:03 pm by Mammothtank »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm doing Attila battles.

I've never understood why Creative Assembly decided to visit Japan and Rome again and yet still haven't done an Ancient China game. It's like the perfect setting for a Total War game. Huge map, Check. Large number of competing factions, check. 
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Has anyone redeemed their games yet? Because I subscribed this morning at 10am and friends of mine have gotten their game codes and they subscribed hours later then me.
I suppose I'll have to wait untill tommorrow to see if they still haven't emailed me with the codes.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I activated my 'subscription' around midnight, got the key (and redeemed) around three o'clock.

Steam also gave me an 80% off Alpha Protocol coupon, if anyone wants it.

No thanks. Phew, I thought they forgot about me! I got my codes. Yeah someone can have my Alpha Protocol coupon too if they want it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:44:59 pm by Mammothtank »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I've never understood why Creative Assembly decided to visit Japan and Rome again and yet still haven't done an Ancient China game. It's like the perfect setting for a Total War game. Huge map, Check. Large number of competing factions, check.
Probably because both the Roman and Sengoku periods are much better known to the west than Ancient China is. There is a lot of Ancient Chinese history that is not translated or otherwise easily accessible/consumable for a western audience. Outside of dynasty warrior (which is a genre that draws its own kind of audience) I can't really readily name any (popular) games set in Ancient China that educate the player on the history and key personalities of that age.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah that is true but it's also why it would be a good time period to cover. You've got a huge amount of history there, new units completely unlike anything we've seen (We already know how to deal with phalanxes) and anyone who bought it probably would learn an immense amount about a period of history they didn't know about before (and Total War fans are often history buff). 

Much as I love the Total War series there is a point where it starts repeating itself a little too much to make it interesting. That's actually one of the main reasons I haven't played Rome 2 or Attila.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I don't disagree with you here. But from CA's pov, it has potential sales to consider and such. People are more likely to buy into something they already have a passing interest in after all.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think that Total War is popular enough to make an attempt at popularizing ancient China. It was indeed a very interesting era, one that is very underrepresented in Western media. Though I'm not sure how the current Chinese government would react to this. They have a history of censoring games which don't fit their propaganda. This might, in fact, be the real reason why nobody makes games about the Chinese.

Also, I think they should do a Renaissance-era (1500s and 1600s) game someday. That was an interesting time, too. Medieval 2 had it as the endgame, but it was never the main focus (not to mention it had no naval battles). With the political quagmire that were the Italian Wars, the conquest of Americas and the exploits of famous privateers such as Francis Drake, it would've been a good time to set a TW game in.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Though I'm not sure how the current Chinese government would react to this. They have a history of censoring games which don't fit their propaganda. This might, in fact, be the real reason why nobody makes games about the Chinese.

You have no idea how many films are made over here about ancient China. It's probably the biggest genre they have. I suspect if they did do a Total War game set in China it would actually sell quite well over here.

Besides, even if the Chinese government didn't want a game made, why would that have any effect on making a game? It's not like the Italian government could stop Total War : Rome being made no matter whatever they wanted to do.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Difference is, the italian government getting pissy about Total War: Rome (as unlikely as that is) would probably not lead to Sega being barred from doing business in Italy. With China, that sort of thing is a distinct possibility.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
True that
Urutorahappī!!