Author Topic: [solved] Updated graphics are not in the main campaign  (Read 1391 times)

[solved] Updated graphics are not in the main campaign
Thank you for reading this,

I've checked the read me beforehand and I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have the media vps downloaded in the right place, and wx launcher the media vps mod selected. Here is a link to my FSO log.

http://pastebin.com/tyjCzFdF

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:16:41 pm by ginger_spits »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Updated graphics are not in the main campaign
Everything seems to be set up correctly. Do be aware that the MediaVPs only touch the in-mission graphics, the menus are not affected by it. Please enter a mission, and take a few screenshots to post here.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Another way to check is by entering the Tech Room. The ship viewer there defaults to showing the Ulysses, if it looks like this:

then the mediavps are not working (somehow).

If it looks like this, however:

then everything's set up correctly.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

the menus are not affected by it. Please enter a mission, and take a few screenshots to post here.

There's my problem, my mission briefings still use the old models and the so does the target tracker in the hud, but the tech room and rest of the game is fine, now that I've played a little more of it, (the GVD Psamtic is gorgeous) Thanks for taking a look!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: [solved] Updated graphics are not in the main campaign
my mission briefings still use the old models and the so does the target tracker in the hud...

These models are not affected by lighting. I'm sure you'll find they are using the high-poly models and high-res textures (for example, you can see the pilots in the cockpits).  Everything is working exactly as it should.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...