Author Topic: What is in a user name?  (Read 925 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
What is in a user name?
Ok so ran into an interesting study conducted on LoL players regarding player names and what that indicates about them based on registration data which was made anonymous and report/honor data associated with that account.  the reading is heavy going for me but figured some here might be interested

University of York summary piece https://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/2015/research/usernames-video-gamers/
www.sciencedirect.com published report http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0747563215301655
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: What is in a user name?
Well, the results in the summary don't sound all that suprising ... but then again their data on the correlation betwen anti-social behavior and user-names that have the same attribute is a bit narrow (NA servers only, run through an english-only filter)

But a good find, thank you for sharing
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."