Author Topic: Testers wanted: Memories of the Great War-update  (Read 3896 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Testers wanted: Memories of the Great War-update
Good morning, HLP!

I should be finishing up the update to old Memories of the Great War-campaigns this weekend, so next week I am in the need of testers who go over the 26 missions of the campaigns (and maybe delve in to the "classic outtakes", i.e. pre-update versions of mission I substantially changed).

As testers you will have to play through the 3 campaigns at least twice (which should take about 5-6 houres for all of them, each time) and try to spot any sequence breaking bugs, dead-ends, missing AI goals/departure cues if you are able. I would prefer it if you then could provide me with a list (bullet points are okay) of what you found and what your impressions are within a 10-14 days timeframe (although plot holes, story and logic gaps exist and won't be fixed anymore).

The missions are pretty old and not that sophisticated, so advanded FREDing skills are not required. But a basic understanding of FRED is desireable.

You will need the 3.7.2 release-build of FS_Open (use of other builds for comparison is encouraged but not mandatory), the FS-Port version 3.5. The use of the 2014 MediaVps and FS-Port MediaVPs is encouraged but not mandatory.

Just reply to this topic if you want to help, and I will get back to you.

Note: I reserve the right to pick testers based on my best judgement.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: Testers wanted: Memories of the Great War-update
PM sent  :pimp:

Offline Taranis

I think I should have some free time over the next few days to play through this, so I'm willing to help if you want.

Offline 0rph3u5

@Lykurgos88: PM send (which you, of course, already know)

@Taranis: PM send

EDIT: oh and I forgot in the PMs: Feel free to make screenshots and post the good looking ones (and ones that feature an Apollo or a Demon, ppl need to be motivated to HTL them :D )
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

i did pmed too

Offline 0rph3u5

i did pmed too

I have not recieved a PM from you all weekend...

And even if I had, I am sorry to say, I would not consider you as a tester because I can hardly ever tell what you are saying.

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

So, I am closing this testing period (don't worry, Lykurgos88 and Taranis, you still have plenty of time to finish) because I will be off next week, attending re:publica 2016 in Berlin. Once I am back I will work hard to get this rolling out of my door ASAP

Also patchnotes:

Spoiler:
Memories of the Great War, May 2016 Update
(last updated 29/04/2016)

General:
- Added a new version of "cruiser03.pof" which gives turrets 8 and 9 a higher FOV and new normal for purposes of ship-to-ship combat.
- Added a new version of "capital04.pof" which gives turrets 22-26 a higher FOV for purposes of ship-to-ship combat.
- Added a +nocreate entry for "Terran Huge Turret" to mogw-wep.tbm that will give the laser effect a tail.
- Added a +nocreate entry for "Vasudan Huge Turret" to mogw-wep.tbm that will give the laser effect a tail.
- Added a +nocreate entry for "Shivan Megafunk Turret" to mogw-wep.tbm that will give the laser effect a tail.
- Added a +nocreate entry for the "SC Cain" to mogw-shp.tbm to work with the upgraded turrets 8 and 9.
- Added a +nocreate entry for the "SC Lilith" to mogw-shp.tbm to keep the changes to the "SC Cain" from affecting the Lilith even if MVP are not in use.
- Added a +nocreate entry for the "SD Demon" to mogw-shp.tbm to work with the upgraded turrets 22-26.
- Added "$Homing"-information and "$Free Flight Time" to "Fusion Mortar#Shivan" in mogw-wep.tbm.
- Added "Fusion Mortar#Demon"-entry to mogw-wep.tbm
- Added "Phoenix V#MoGW"-entry to mogw-wep.tbm
- Added "Synpatic#MoGW"-entry to mogw-wep.tbm
- Added "SynpaticMoGWBaby"-entry to mogw-wep.tbm
- Added "Barracuda#Typhon"-enty to mogw-wep.tbm
- Removed "Phoenix V"-entry from mogw-wep.tbm
- Removed "PVI Karnak"-entry from mogw-shp.tbm
- Removed all data (model files and textures) for the High-Poly Karnak from the modpack (Note: that inclusion was only neccessary because the FS_Port version of the High-Poly Karnak had not all data required in previous versions of the FS_Port)
- Removed HGI-music.vp and LoA-music.vp from the modpack. (For the reaons see below)
- All: changed the "$Author"-section of the mission files to give my full name instead of just the pseudonym. (Vanity-change :D )

- WIP: Copied all data for #shivan secondary weapons from 2014 MediaVps into mogw-wep.tbm.
- WIP: Loading Screens

Rain on Ribos 4:
- Mission 14-old (RoR14.fs2) is now avalible in the Techroom Simulator. This mission does not include the change to Mission 14.
- Mission 17a-old (RoR17a-old.fs2) is now avalible in the Techroom Simulator. This mission does not include the changes 2-6 to Mission 17a.
- Mission 17b-old (RoR17b-old.fs2) is now avalible in the Techroom Simulator. This mission does not include the changes 5-6 to Mission 17b.
- Multiple: Added a lot of departure cues
- Multiple: Set the Star Count in the Background Editor to 0.
- Multiple: Reworded all Directives related to bomber wings from "Destroy {wing name} wing" to "Intercept {wing name} wing"
- Multiple: Using Target Groups now: a new stage in the Command Briefing of the first mission will explain the details
- Multiple: fixed the last instances where Shivan fighter were carrying non-#shivan secondary weapons
- Multiple: repleaced all instances of "Phoenix V" with "Phoenix V#MoGW" in player loadouts and ship loadouts
- Multiple: inlcuded at least one instance of "good secondary time {Phoenix V#MoGW}" to any mission that required it
- Multiple: Fixed all instances where mission would use "Vasudan Command" for built-in Command messages, despite the story progress.
- Mission 1: Drydocks are now stealthed, instead just hidden from sensors, so they will no longer appear on radar.
- Mission 2, 1: The Charun now uses "Fusion Mortar#Shivan" in turrets 8 and 9 to make combat less one-sided.
- Mission 2, 2: The Charun now uses "Shivan Megafunk Turret" in turrets 7 to make combat less one-sided. Turret 7 is guardianed as well.
- Mission 3, 1: The Aita now uses "Fusion Mortar#Shivan" in turrets 8 and 9 to make combat less one-sided.
- Mission 3, 2: The Aita now uses "Shivan Megafunk Turret" in turrets 7 to make combat less one-sided. Turret 7 is guardianed as well.
- Mission 3, 3: fixed that the Taranis could use its turrets.
- Mission 5, 1: fixed the waypoints for the SC Cains once the Pledge arrives
- Mission 5, 2: the SC Cains will now switch to "Fusion Mortar#Shivan" after the Pledge arrives.
- Mission 5, 3: The SC Cains now uses "Shivan Megafunk Turret" in turrets 7 to make combat less one-sided. Turret 7 is guardianed as well.
- Mission 5, 4: Added Eta wing to speed up the final phase of the mission.
- Mission 5, 5: The Pledge's turrets are now guardianed to speed up the final phase of the mission.
- Mission 6, 1: Removed the last fighter in Rama and Krishna-wing to make the mission more balanced on higher difficulty.
- Mission 6, 2: Modified the evacuation waypoints for Omega and the Hippocrates for better pathing.
- Mission 10: fixed a whole lot about the scenario when Medevac 14 has to be called, AI goals, departure cues & debriefing.
- Mission 12, 1: All SC Cains are now armed with "Fusion Mortar#Shivan" instead of "Fighter Killer#Shivan".
- Mission 12, 2: All SC Cains now uses "Shivan Megafunk Turret" in turrets 7 to make combat less one-sided. Turret 7 is guardianed as well.
- Mission 13, 1: Removed one fighter from each Arjuna-, Krishna- and Rama-wing to make the mission more balanced on higher difficulty.
- Mission 13, 2: Obsevrer 1-5 are now stealthed, so they will no longer appear on radar or be targetable.
- Mission 14, 1: Decreased the distance between the Loyality's waypoints to speed up the mission.
- Mission 14, 2: Decreased the number of wave with all shivan wings by 1 to account for the faster mission pace.
- Mission 15: Destroying each SC Lilith now triggers a re-arm window for the AI.
- Mission 16, 1: Tombaugh Station now has "Synaptic#MoGW" instead of "Synaptic" in all missile launchers. The Installation should be able to defend itself better with this change.
- Mission 16, 2: The Taranis are now armed with "Fusion Mortar#Shivan" instead of "Fighter Killer#Shivan".
- Mission 16, 3: Drydocks are now stealthed, instead just hidden from sensors, so they will no longer appear on radar.
- Mission 17a, 1: added one instance of "good secondary time {Barracuda}"
- Mission 17a, 2: The positions and waypoints of the Pinnacle and the Loyality have been altered to speed up the mission.
- Mission 17a, 3: Changed the event that would give the Pinnacle Fusion Mortars for the attack run on the Paimon to trigger earlier.
- Mission 17a, 4: Changed the event that would give the Pinnacle Fusion Mortars for the attack run on the Paimon to give her "Barracuda#MoGW" instead.
- Mission 17a, 5: The Paimon got a hitpoints increase of 25 percent to account for the increased firepower of the Pinnacle.
- Mission 17a, 6: The Paimon's turrets 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26 will change their loadout to "Fusion Mortar#Demon" instead of "Fighter Killer#Shivan" as soon as the Pinnacle is armed with "Barracuda#Typhon".
- Mission 17a, 7: The Paimon and the Pinnacle have ALL their turrets guardianed, not just the Pinnacle's missile launchers.
- Mission 17b, 1: added one instance of "good secondary time {Barracuda}"
- Mission 17b, 2: Fixed the background.
- Mission 17b, 3: Fixed the music.
- Mission 17b, 4: Added a debris field.
- Mission 17b, 5: The waypoints speeds of the Pledge, Duty and Dedication have their waypoint speed increased to speed up the mission.
- Mission 17b, 6: Changed the event that would make the Lucifer start her waypoints to trigger earlier to reflect the new pace of the mission.

- Work-in-progress: New version of RoR-Credits.
- Work-in-progress: Mission 17a-new
- Work-in-progress: Mission 14: update arrival cues of to reflext new mission space
- Work-in-progress: Mission 16: Find and eliminate the Bug with the Arcadia's point defense
- Work-in-progress: Mission 17a: update arrival cues of to reflext new mission space
- Work-in-progress: Mission 17b: update arrival cues of to reflext new mission space
- Work-in-progress: Integration of the messages.tbl from another project that contains altered versions of the FS2 vasudan personas for use with FS_Port.
- Work-in-progress: Fix all instances of event-based and "natural" arrival messages overlapping. (It's still a thing but I would integrate the FS2-Vasudan personas first before go into that)

Hellgate: Ikeya:
- Multiple: Removed the previous music selection and replaced it with tracks from the soundtrack provided by the FS_Port.
- Multiple: Reworded all Directives related to bomber wings from "Destroy {wing name} wing" to "Intercept {wing name} wing"
- Multiple: Using Target Groups now: a new stage in the Command Briefing of the first mission will explain the details
- Mission 3, 1: The Suspicion's ship class has been changed back from PVD Typhon#kamikaze to PVD Typhon.
- Mission 3, 2: Fixed a bug with Suspicion's subsystems no longer being scanable.

- Work-in-progress: New version of HGI-Credits.
- Work-in-progress: Mission 2: Galatea depature cue, debrief and general failstate is being re-worked to be bug-freerer

Light of Antares:
- Multiple: Removed the previous music selection and replaced it with tracks from the soundtrack provided by the FS_Port.
- Mission 3-old (LoA3-old.fs2) is now avalible in the Techroom Simulator. This mission does not include the changes to Mission 3.
- Mission 3: Changed the AI orders of nearly several Shivan wings, so no longer overwhelm the player as easily as before.

- Work-in-progress: Test changes to Mission 3.
- Work-in-progress: New version of LoA-Credits.
- Work-in-progress: Mission 2: re-work civilian traffic using new arrival cues and updated AI goals.
- Work-in-progress: Mission 2: fix the CTD

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Short follow-up re: What happened?

There are two very persistent bugs I have yet to fix - their origin has so far elluded me - and I am currently very short on time because RL (and because I am a nightowl) - so this is running more than a bit behind. This also causes another project (not Of Shivan and Men) I had slotted in for June/July being pushed into the winter just to make the time.

==================

I would love to try your updated Memories of the Great War 0rph3u5!!!

Offline 0rph3u5

I would love to try your updated Memories of the Great War 0rph3u5!!!

Thank you for the your enthusasm (it's really what keeps me* going - not counting caffine and chocolate) but I got what I need in terms of testing right now...

*other people on HLP might be able sustain themselves on their ego alone, I can't
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:03:49 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================