Author Topic: Dawn of War III  (Read 5281 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
E3 info is coming up, 3 highlights so far:
- Relic is going to work on their presentation skills and make the mechanics more accessible (YAY! Relic learned something)
- Campaign is said to rotate between the factions but TermieAngie is going to be the protagonist along with the pilot of the Imperial Knight (not sure how that is going to shake out; but let's see if Solaria can life up the Relic's standard female, imperial WH40k characters, like Derosa and Mira)
- "a bigger threat is looming" (It's WH40k, there is always a bigger threat looming, duh)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:37:04 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Good old Cap'in Gabe.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline 0rph3u5

Good old Cap'in Gabe.

TermiAngie is Chapter Master now ... because plot reasons demanded he surived getting one-hit-killed by a Daemon Prince (which is literally the most interesting thing TermiAngie has done)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
TermiAngie is Chapter Master now ... because plot reasons demanded he surived getting one-hit-killed by a Daemon Prince (which is literally the most interesting thing TermiAngie has done)

I know that.

But he'll always be Cap'in Gabe to me, since I played DoW 1.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Welcome back base building.

Looking forward to the bastardly things Relic can pull with this.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

My Face is My Shield!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline crizza

Woah, A Termi... jumping? What the ****edy ****? And is he wearing Tartaros pattern tactical dreadnought armor?
Neat :D

Offline 0rph3u5

Just out of the hands-on at Deep Silver's booth... very cool indeed but it still got it way to go (e.g. per unit AI was clearly a work-progress)

Ive got a few opinions about some the effects and units though (e.g. Dark Reaper look pretty slim)... but that you can clack up to adaptation

==================