Author Topic: GTF Stealth...something.  (Read 2527 times)

GTF Stealth...something.
While pondering what to do with my GTF Herc III...err IV, I found this in my old folder of old models.

2 hours later and I have this: Just two guns, a kick-ass recon package and one of the best shielding ever seen on a fighter. NO Missiles. Just get in, recon the mission and get the hell out!

https://p3d.in/XJQPk

All fun :)

Jadehawk

Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: GTF Stealth...something.
Looks like a stretched GTF Icarus.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I have the feeling that I've seen this one before.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's an obscure model that's nevertheless been used in a campaign or two. I'd love to see it get a proper HTL version. GTF Icarus was a great design, but an old one.

UPDATE:
OK, this one I have been learning how to UV map in Wings 3D. I was able to completely add my material and it's all saved. I managed to create a proper UV map initially. But I see I have much to do in arraigning the material cells into something useable for texturing. Still much to learn and get done properly And I see I might need to re-do some parts, not sure yet.

I'll post some images of my progress wish some questions.

UPDATE:
OK, this one I have been learning how to UV map in Wings 3D. I was able to completely add my material and it's all saved. I managed to create a proper UV map initially. But I see I have much to do in arraigning the material cells into something useable for texturing. Still much to learn and get done properly And I see I might need to re-do some parts, not sure yet.

I'll post some images of my progress wish some questions.

Always good to check out new things :). After you master Wings3D I would dearly recommend  you to learn the Blender. I has much more and better functions for modeling which once you learn, they will give you unlimited possibilities of creating different shapes :D I remember that all my models created in Winds3D were basically the same (in terms of details which were very repetitive). That's why I dropped Wings.

And good luck with UVmapping. That was the biggest pain in the arse I've encountered so far in 3D graphics.

Yes Blender..I also use that for smoothing the models and converting to other formats. But I am learning on Blender....SLOWLY.  I also agree Wings 3D needs more freedom or flexibility to use curves and all that.

After using the tutorials found on Wings 3D, I found them to be a bit dated and am pretty much on my own to figure out UV Mapping. Slowly but surely I'll get there!