Author Topic: Slim Survival  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I recently finished "Eyes In The Storm" and after failing it several times, I finally survived it with 1% hull strength.  I deployed the repair tank very early and when I looked for it later, it was destroyed, so I'm guessing the best use of this is either to place it off major approach vectors or to deploy it partway through the mission.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Really ? Nobody has ever touched the repair bot in any of my playthroughs, even the BP-Complete ones.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
repair bot? i guess it falls to same category as ammo packs. Not used.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
repair bot? i guess it falls to same category as ammo packs. Not used.

But the ammo pack owns!

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Actually, the Ammo Pack is some really great stuff in Her Finest Hour - at least that's for me, if someone plays it different...

When I think of that - I didn't really notice that repair platform do anything for me - is there any user manual for this? :P
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

The ammo pack would be fine if you didn't have to give up the UX accelerator for it. I'd say the UX is much better than a refill on your missiles.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Ammo pack also rearms your primaries too (I believe).
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Yeah, but you can't take it with the most important ballistic primary, the UX. Rearming your gattlers also isn't super important as you'll only use them on the miners most likely.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

ammo pack is definitely better if you're playing tenebra as a spec-ops strike commander rather than rambo
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Pfft. Might as well put a nice pink bowtie on your Ainsarii then :P

ammo pack is definitely better if you're playing tenebra as a spec-ops strike commander rather than rambo

I don't know, I barely fire a shot when I do that, and when I do, it's usually at a big ship, so missing out on the UX is kinda bad.

Guess I'll have to try out different tactics next time I play through Tenebra.

Actually, the Ammo Pack is some really great stuff in Her Finest Hour - at least that's for me, if someone plays it different...

When I think of that - I didn't really notice that repair platform do anything for me - is there any user manual for this? :P

I second this.  I use it in that mission to Grimler-snipe priority targets like the Auroras or AWACS Radomes from a safe distance.  You don't have the time to keep calling in for a support ship in that mission so the extra missiles are a huge help.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam

I second this.  I use it in that mission to Grimler-snipe priority targets like the Auroras or AWACS Radomes from a safe distance.  You don't have the time to keep calling in for a support ship in that mission so the extra missiles are a huge help.

Third, I can't get through that mission on medium without it.  Ammo pack + grimlers (or shrikes if your willing to let your wingmen do all the dogfighting) works really well for me.

As for the gas miners, I just tell the frigates to handle them. If you designate the miners as targets at the start, they will get Mass-drivered-to-death just a few seconds after the serenity gets clear, then you can focus on the beams.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299