Author Topic: Help - shields!  (Read 1480 times)

Alright, I'm ultra frustrated by now. Most of the links to the tools that would make this an easy process - are dead. I don't have a very high budget so spending money is off the table, my problem is that I can't find an easy way to make shields for a ship. I've been looking around elsewise and have nothing. Modview is refusing to open certain ships, PCS2 works fine but I dunno if I can add shields through it, nor how if it is possible...

any ideas, please?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You can import shield meshes with PCS2.
However, you an only import a shield mesh that already exists and it keeps the shape (can't edit it with just PCS2)
To make a custom shield shape you would need blender.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Aaah I see... well, thanks!

Gave it a shot, and it worked, have a nice spherical shield surrounding my ship now. Good enough for the time being, until I figure Blender out.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Usually just changing a "scale" on the shield mesh helps you cover the whole ship, usually, with FS ships or most modded ships, the usual shape sized up is good enough. - but that means you also get shield hit animations up scale too, or thats what i remember, and I was testing it year ago. might be wrong.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
What's wrong with creating an isosphere mesh (sphere made up of only triangles) and then shrink-wrapping it around the model? This would be done in a model editor, such as Blender.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Well im completly dumb with 3d modeling, so that kind of taking fighter shields and scaling them up is painless for me.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--