Author Topic: Invisible ships and full screen crashes  (Read 1714 times)

Invisible ships and full screen crashes
Hello,

Obviously it goes without saying (but I will anyway) that FS2 is the best space sim ever made...and the graphic updates of FS Open only make it sweeter! I have  problem though. None of the ship skins are visible, and I can only play the game in windowed mode (not even full screen window). If I try it in full screen it crashes about 1/2 second after the main hanger screen appears.

Thanks for your help.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:54:18 am by Thrawn1985 »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Invisible ships and full screen crashes
FSO is using your Intel HD 4000 for video. If that's your only card, try selecting the "Disable GLSL (Shader) support" option in your launcher (also called -no_glsl). If you have a 2nd video card in your computer, try using the AMD or nVidia control panel to set the FSO executable to use the 2nd card.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Re: Invisible ships and full screen crashes
Thanks! That solved the invisible ship issue!

The crashes remain a small problem though. The game isn't crashing in the middle of a mission or in the main hanger anymore, but when I skip a training mission or press the escape key mid-mission the game crashes.

Thanks again for all your help.

Re: Invisible ships [SOLVED] and full screen crashes
Could you reproduce crash on debug build and post fs2_open.log?

I certainly will later this evening. Thank you.

It crashes when I hit "Esc" during a mission, when I attempted to skip training missions, and when I exit the game through the hanger door on the main screen. I am also getting a "Fatal Error" about aliasing  when I open the launcher.

Thanks again...I am actually very excited to pass this game on to my son...x-box one generation and all that...he needs the fancy graphics!

[attachment deleted by admin]