Author Topic: MCO 628  (Read 27477 times)

Offline magic

Mech Commander Omnitech 628

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-omnitech/downloads/mech-commander-omnitech-628

(This is another release without testing - no testers interested and I have no time)

Exodus Campaign expanded story by Marceror!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-omnitech/downloads/mco-exodus-campaign-the-liberation-movement

Further expanded with in-mission weapons salvage.
Many bug fixes including resolution detection.

Logistics screens are changed, new art for buttons.

New weapon icon files and new different portrait pics for Artillery, Repair, Minelayer, Scout, new Pictures for old MC1 pilots, improved in mission icons set by Tiberius 44.

List of ALL changes since 559:

- Editor change - max size of trees in forest tool changed from 1.75 to 2.
- Compass removed from the game. Fix - mech inventory list box (change from 556).
- Resolution limited to 2048x1536 for 4:3 (5:4) and 1920x1080 for wide resolutions. Engage/disengage radius in pbrain changed.
- No Ammo icon added to pilot icon - if any weapon is out of ammo - show no ammo icon. All buttonlayout files changed. No ammo icon added to jumpjeticon.tga
- Contact - new way for scaning. Pilot radio sensor contact message moved.
- Pilot sensor skill increase adapted for new radio sensor contact.
- Reference to loadscreen removed from saveload.
- Sensor system changed for new contact.
- Repair ALL button is back to mechbay.
- Sensor ranges extended.
- Resolutions fix.
- Mech list box selection in mechBay screen fix
- Mechicon changed - pilots_med and pilots_l2 files are obsolete
- Deployment layout in mechbay and pilot ready screens changed for large icons.
- Layout changes in mechbay
- Only one file for button layout - buttonlayout.fit...
- All buttonlayout_XXXX.fit files removed - not needed any more.
- Objectives bar image replaced with image from tacmap_frame.tga
- Pilot salaries changed - salaries are paid after successful mission.
- All pilots that are deployed have their salaries doubled.
- Pilot_ready screen - 2 text boxes added for total salaries and projected balance (credits - total salaries).
- Mech maintenance cost added to the game - paid after every successful mission (1% of the total cost of all mechs in inventory).
- Pilot_ready screen - added text box for mech maintenance and balance subtracted by it.
- Mechbay and pilot_ready screens changed - salaries, maintenace and projected balance.
- Formations bug fix.
- Pilot ready screen pilotHireButton changed (new old art) and there is red rect outline if there are new pilots for hire.
- New editor version - resource points can go below zero.
- MCO is using different objectives file - changes from the editor - read and write negative numbersfor objectives.
- Mission briafing screen changed - 3 tabs for mission briefing text, tactical info and additional info.
- New blurb5 added to the editor (ver 120). Blurb3 is used to append text to mission briefing. New tab mission description, shows mission description text. changed Button_13.
- Font for mission briefing text changed (size 14 instead of 11). All blurb texts must have at least one line larger then list box width or the text will show only first line.
- Objectives and camera will update only if mission briefing tab is pressed.
- Resource points for objectives are added to objective strings in mission briefing screen.
- Several new fonts added to the game.
- Units face the direction of the deployed unit for its drop zone.
- Editor changes - 3 edit boxes moved up.
- Cougar and Shadowcat mech config changed (CSV) - clan FF armor.
- Font changes in mission briefing screen.
- New icons for FF Armor and dbl HS, All clan mechs configs changed - clan FF armor.
- Exodus campaign missions cahnged - expanded story by Marceror.
- Bugfix in adding salvage components after mission.
- new mc2res.dll - weapon stats changed/fixed.
- Mechlab screen changed: rotating weapon model removed, mech model added, payload area moved.
- Only one ECM and one Probe can be added to mech in mechlab.
- All mech_A.tga files removed - obsolete.
- Mech turn rate is calculated per tonnage.
- New Union dropship added.

NEW Textures and Buildings

- Cliffs texture pack by Karl.
- Port Arthur gates, walls, control buildings, HQ, billboard and Kurita control buildings by Karl.
- New weapon icon files and new different portrait pics for Artillery, Repair, Minelayer, Scout, by Tiberius44.
- New Pictures for old MC1 pilots by Tiberius44.
- Improved in mission icons set by Tiberius 44
- New (old) art for "back" and "next" buttons transfered from work project.
- New (old) art for Logistic screens buttons.
- Tacmap frame... New file Tacmap_frame.tga added to art folder.
- Karls buildings: Block, Blocksmall, PA_ Heavy, Medium and Light post. Changed PA_HQ and PA_turretcontrol. Billboard fix
- New building Hangar3
- Bear copter prop model.

- NEW ABL commands
--------------------------------------------------------------------
isrepairbay(PartID);

PartID - number from the editor for buildings.

example:
if (not isrepairbay(53139)) then

Effect: True if building is repair bay.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW ABL command:
rechargerepairbay(PartID);

PartID - number from the editor for buildings.

example:
rechargerepairbay(53139);

Effect: Rechardes depelted Repair Bay building (it can also set any other building to be repair bay).
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome work magic.

May I ask (just to know) what this mod contains for the end-user depending on solo campaigns?

I mean such as: how many missions to walk-through? How many campaigns?

Also I would like to know what system requirements your mod has and if running system needs to be manually preparations to give a chance for smooth gameplay.

Sry for the nap questions but I've never played mech commander 2 or it's fanmade follower omnimod but I'm excited.

To introduce myself I only played much commander 1 in my youth. Kept it in memory for years and later found mech commander gold started again playing. Was very disappointing cause only 12 more campaign missions to play.
Felt like: good after nightmares of playing through I finally got a crew that's worthy to challenge and then the ending movie comes...

... then I found the three campaign mods for mcg and I like them. But I'm also disappointed bout that there is no campaign where you can have a long play like being able to bring 10-15 warriors up to the elite level without abrupt ending.

So at the moment I'm just excited for things like the wolfman campaign for MCG which might be not available in the internet cause I've only found other people searching for or broken download links.

So I ended up going the harder way creating such a campaign (VANILLA) myself first before doing any deeper balancing changes cause I like the preschool. So expect my mc2 handmade mod 2025 lol

Enough talk I'm RizZen nice to meet you.
It has become appalingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein

Offline magic

Hi RizZen,

Omnitech is not a mod any more. Its a very different game then MC2. Based on Microsoft shared source release of MC2 code.
You have 2 campaigns with MCO:
- Exodus (you can find it in my MCG campaigns, just less missions).
- MW2 Mercs - conversion of MW2 Mercs campaign to mech commander.

On my modDB downloads section you have several more campaigns, each of them with its own installer (and uninstaller).
Including conversion of original Carver V campaign...

Minimum SysReq:
dual core processor, 1Gb RAM, win XP...

It can work on Win XP, Win 7, Win 10 (Win 8.x sometimes works, sometimes not). No need for any special adjustments.

Whats wolfman campaign for MCG?

Good luck with your MCG campaign (its nearly impossible to do)...

Wolfman seemed to have a 70 mission campaign done for MCG but around 2006-2008 the last download seems to be disappeared from any of its websites.

Why is it impossible in your eyes?

Albert Einstein

Offline magic

Because even if you make all the missions, to make a salvage you will need custom made tool (program).
And that campaign can only replace one of the 2 existing campaigns. I had a tool for that too (campaign installer).

Here are the tools I could find (including editor extender and campaign installer):

http://omnitech.hard-light.net/release/MCG_Tools.zip

As far as I know wolfman never did anything for MCG?

Good luck.

Well as far as I know he did first modding MCG and years later he started modding mc2 by taking alot stuff over to new version but then lost his mc1 major campaign after format c. He asked for years people and other players who might have this data but I don't know if there actually is one...

Albert Einstein

Well as far as I know he did first modding MCG and years later he started modding mc2 by taking alot stuff over to new version but then lost his mc1 major campaign after format c. He asked for years people and other players who might have this data but I don't know if there actually is one...
I never worked on anything for MC1, Gold or whatever. You are a victim or provider of fake news :eek:
Magic is absolutely correct I only worked on MC2 mods and missions and campaigns.

btw: this post and the entire forum is about Magic's MCO and it is a pain to see it drift.
Therefore I clearified that point once and forall.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:56:23 am by wolfman-x »

Mhh maybe it's fake news others committed long time ago.
I just repeat what I've found while searching all valuable information I could get for giving it an own try.

Victim? loooool

Anyways nice to meet you. Days ago I thought I've been riding a grave here.

@Magic:
What are these tools? For MCG really? Editor extender and how pkk files work I already know. What is that patch 20 and C exe? What do they do?

What you mean with this salvage issue? I thought salvage you can create with editor/abl scripting functions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:24:24 am by RizZen »

Albert Einstein

Offline magic

You create salvage with extender (i think) and some scripting...

C exe is my campaign installer, though I forgot how it works, you will have to try it.
I think you will have to place all missions of your campaign and it in the same folder before starting it?

Yeah but MCG works primary with *.fst library's. And it reads them in alphabetical order so that files can exist twice (like the campaign.fit files in missions folder). Game will take the first campaign.fit it finds in fst subfolders. So my path at the moment are cmunstas footsteps I'm walking into.

I got my test campaign rolling by naming like

00A_RizZ.fst -> for campaign and purchase files
00B_RizZ.fst -> for data\mission and data\terrain files*

To 00B I have to say that I do one fst file per mission at the moment but want to pack all of them in one fst file later.

Only problem is I need manually type in which files should be compressed and which I leave uncompressed in detail. Every file below 16-12 kBit I want to have uncompressed to reduce errors.

* and I plan to Devide mission.fst and terrain.fst files like this to make them possible to edit for other users later too who might have the problems I could solve.

Edit: extender I already have and all other data I could found only new files you did sent.

You know I have same problem like you too. I have a wife and a business but I like gaming since 3 decades and trying this is a challenge smt. new to learn as hobbie.

I've learned past week that it's no easy way to make a campaign. For each mission it takes hours to create and make it real epic in detail with given options, but I'm willing to do it even it will last a year or more. But this is fun doing at the moment and I want to create some challenging results before I'll stop cause I liked mc and my work should be just a tribute ^^
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:21:58 pm by RizZen »

Albert Einstein

Loving the GUI visual style and current stability of this release Magic. Not too keen on the blue colour, I might change it.
Also well done on cutting out all the "dead weight" files. The MechLab/Mission Screens etc all look amazing. I still think the entire game needs to be "mirrored" though, it should be available on the left > purchased/set on the right (minor grievance with the layout since MC2). The loading screen looks completely odd. Mine is just a blank black screen, did the new loading screen images get put in yet?

Working fine so far on Windows 10 with no crashes.

Great work... finally MCO is playable for me again :)
Now to continue (re-building) my campaign... just after I play through Exodus again... ...

Just finished the new Exodus. Simply superb. That campaign can be brutal.
Thank you for the time the team took to make it and continually refine it.

Hi Magic,

I don't know how I missed this update for so long.  Probably dementia setting in.

I downloaded it last night and played through to mission 4 in Exodus.  I must say the new interface and fonts makes the whole UI much clearer to read and use.  I like the additions of maintenance and pilot pay.  Makes the game play much more like you are trying to run a Merc Company.

If you want to make the game tougher/more realistic getting rid of automatic weapon repair/replacement would be the final feature needed for true economic management.

Keep up the good work it's much appreciated.

PS if you need testers hit me up.

Offline netbrad

So I know I'm a little late to the party in playing this mod but Exodus mission 3 has an issue.  No matter how fast I move the mechs the ambulance inside the "fort" gets pasted before it leaves the concrete.  I've followed the video to the second and have tried the solution below but nothing seems to work.   What am I doing wrong?  Is there a timing bug?  I think the trigger might be sensor contact with the 2 mechs in the Southeast and not the nav point because the Clans have shown up as soon as I get a radar ping on those 2 mechs.

Solution I've tried:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85287.0

Offline zzc

So I know I'm a little late to the party in playing this mod but Exodus mission 3 has an issue.  No matter how fast I move the mechs the ambulance inside the "fort" gets pasted before it leaves the concrete.  I've followed the video to the second and have tried the solution below but nothing seems to work.   What am I doing wrong?  Is there a timing bug?  I think the trigger might be sensor contact with the 2 mechs in the Southeast and not the nav point because the Clans have shown up as soon as I get a radar ping on those 2 mechs.

Solution I've tried:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85287.0

The new range mechanism. I just played the campaign and the ambulance moves safely away.

==============

What a great game. Too bad M$ didnt follow this. They made a great game in MC1 and MCG but nerfed everything so badly for MC2.

The short medium long range mechanism was absolute rubbish. I believe the use of proper distance is from MC1, correct me otherwise.

The only good thing abt MC2 was the mechlab where you could put anything anywhere, as long as it fit within the payload grid. MC1 was closer to battletech rules iirc.

Its got all the teething problems of a work in progress, but considering there is only a single active coder, I think its very well done.

And a great Exodus story. It didnt make much sense in MC2, but now everything segues neatly.

I'll just say; use quick save OFTEN.

Offline Zharkov

I encountered problems: Two ctds (see error logs). I do not know whether this is connected but I played all the Carver V missions without any ctds, but playing the mw2mercs.fit campaign I encountered ctds for the first time with 628.

EDIT: I took a closer look at mission mw2_1_1 where the second ctd happened. As I could not finish the mission after several tries I loaded it with the editor, there are some mission goals about an apc that did not trigger in game.
I had similar problems with mission mw2_0_1 where the first ctd happened. To finish that mission, I needed several tries too, with mother just standing around at the spaceport, but that was not a fundamental problem, as the convoy can be destroyed without his help.
Are these missions broken?

EDIT2: So, I tired playing the alternative mission mw2_w_1, which is also buggy (mission objectives are not correctly displayed on the list nor on the mini map; you can successfully trigger the extraction point as done without doing any of the other objectives, the NE SRM-turret in the NE base is not connected to the turret control). This can be finished, but you have to do the broken mission mw2_1_1 anyways. Therefore the whole campaign is effectively broken. Which is strange, because I remember playing and finishing it with an earlier version of OmniTech.

EDIT3: I took a look at this mission mw2_1_1 with the mission editor. The triggers are strange, I do not understand all of it, but there is a work-around: There is a bunch of empty trucks east of the town. Destroy them all and you will eventually win the mission.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 08:33:20 am by Zharkov »

Offline Zharkov

Found another major bug: When you started a mission from a multi-mission group your team weight limit and resource points are not updated for the next mission.

Offline Zharkov

And another CTD.

"Logistics thinks last mission played was 53" - What does this even mean?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 04:34:38 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Zharkov

There were quite a lot of memory related CTDs with a large map. Here some examples.

Offline Zharkov

I get a CTD every time I am trying to load a quicksave playing the lesko campaign.