Author Topic: Dishonored 2 free trial  (Read 1322 times)

Dishonored 2 free trial
Click 'Download Demo' on the store page. It's also 50% off until Sunday.

I liked Dishonored 2 a lot! It was a big step forward in gameplay and level design, a big step in the wrong direction in writing and story, and a big step off a cliff in performance. Most of all, it shows that free-form stealth sandbox gameplay is thriving and here to say (which is more than I can say for Deus Ex, RIP).

The trial covers the first three levels, up to your first assassination target, which is more than enough time for the game to start hitting its full potential; if you've been curious how it plays (or whether your hardware can handle it), this is your chance.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Re: Dishonored 2 free trial
I liked Dishonored 2's writing! I felt that it had a much better realized world then D1 had, and D1's world was already quite good. It also does a very good job at establishing the motives of the protagonists. It does have a few downsides (it's perhaps more of a sequel to Dishonored's DLC then it is to Dishonored itself, in n  o small part becasue Dishonored's DLC was ... much better written!), but on the whole it seems like a steady improvement.

Indeed, the entire game is a steady improvement upon Dishonored 1 (which is the best 0451 game since Thief), so you can't go wrong atleast trying this. Just download the demo to see if the game runs well on your PC and then immeaditely buy it :P

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Why does drowning in the water murder my FPS more than anything else?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

the warm waters of serkonos are not optimal for GPU cooling

(man i wouldn't have bothered making this thread if i knew HLP was going to explode for most of the trial period before anyone could read it...)
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Am I playing skyrim or something here or can nobody but me know how to swim so I can become invulnerable in water
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Since all the actual mission objectives are a good long way from the water, what you are doing is literally the Dishonored equivalent of LRM spamming.

I haven't actually checked if other enemies can swim, but they can definitely still shoot you whilst you are underwater.

Also there's overgrown piranhas.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I liked Dishonored 2's writing! I felt that it had a much better realized world then D1 had, and D1's world was already quite good. It also does a very good job at establishing the motives of the protagonists. It does have a few downsides (it's perhaps more of a sequel to Dishonored's DLC then it is to Dishonored itself, in n  o small part becasue Dishonored's DLC was ... much better written!), but on the whole it seems like a steady improvement.

Do you need to have played them for story to make sense? I was going to get this game but have never played the DLCs.

No, the story explains itself well enough.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Death from above takedowns were a mistake despite being kickin' rad, considering I can jump on a chair and take out any combat encounter instantly. On the other hand, it makes the game possible, since stealth is pretty hard.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:36:50 am by JSRNerdo »

Wait til you realise that you can do a sliding takedown even on enemies who are alert and facing you.

It even allows a non-lethal followup.

Same with if you hold the sword button and get the "charge up attack", you can stun enemies and take them down non-lethally.