Author Topic: How to open Modded campaigns  (Read 3898 times)

Re: How to open Modded campaigns
So out of curiosity I tried 5.5g with some of the recent 64 bit builds and it just didn't work at all. No matter what mod folder I selected or even when I used 'no mod' it would just launch with the last mod I played with wxlauncher.
I also tried setting some silly flags like -fov 0.1 which resulted in no change whatsoever. So I definitely wouldn't say 5.5g is fine. It might work for some machines in some circumstances but in general it just doesn't play nice with newer FSO builds.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
@FrigkFeek: I think the underlying issue is the new settings directory. 5.5g still uses the registry, however wxLauncher automatically creates %AppData%\HardLightProductions (the new settings folder) which causes FSO to ignore the registry settings. If you delete or rename that folder, 5.5g should work until you use wxLauncher again.

Well, that makes sense. Still, being able to switch from 5.5g to Wxl with no issues but the reverse being a bit more annoying makes WxL the better launcher.
I'd have to do more testing with different mod folder names on 5.5g to know for sure how well it works with newer builds and I just can't be arsed to backup my HLP settings folder out of just curiosity.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded