Introducing a 5-mission Descent 3 campaign set in the 'Hyperspace' universe, originally established in the multiplayer trilogy in 2003 and later in the 'Basewars' openworld environment in 2006.
Back in 2009 I wanted to develop a single-player variation of Basewars with a storyline and customized missions. However the project ended up being abandoned and essentially it was dead.
Silent Fury was originally intended to be a 7-mission campaign with a basic storyline and FreeSpace-style missions - This version has 5 missions only.
It wasn't until the summer of 2016 that I decided to pick the project up again and reboot it with a fresh injection of ideas and content.
I wasn't too happy with the original project, so I decided to trash the original missions and start again while still keeping most of the assets.
It's taken me nearly a year to complete all 5 missions and the associated mods/scripting.
Overall it's about 3 months worth of work spread over the course of a year, not including any of the time spent on assets previously.
Silent Fury will feature the following:
* 5 difficult missions with some storyline and action to enjoy
* A new playership, with rechargable shields and energy
* Additional onboard gadgets to help you along (such as boosters and drones)
* Revised and balanced weapons from Basewars (though not all 20 will be available)
* Wingmates to fly alongside, including a 'Shaman' support ship that will boost your health.
* Some new textures and effects in addition to the original Basewars packs.
* New sounds and ambiences to add to the atmosphere
* A full range of new custom objects and enemies
* 1 bonus secret mission to discover
And much more! Currently I have no music, so Dan Wentz agreed to let me use the redux soundtracks in this project.
In addition the campaign will be fully voiced acted once all parts have been filled.
If you are interested in helping out, drop me a PM. I'm especially in need of a woman!
Playtime is about on average 120~140 minutes. Here are some screenshots.
Don't forget this is the original Descent 3 engine circa 1999, so there are some limitations