Author Topic: Nightly: 24 November 2017 - Revision ea0c4b7  (Read 1495 times)

Offline SirKnightly

• George or Keira?
Nightly: 24 November 2017 - Revision ea0c4b7
Here is the nightly for 24 November 2017 - Revision ea0c4b7

Group: MacOSX
nightly_20171124_ea0c4b7-builds-MacOSX.tar.gz (Mirror)

Group: Linux
nightly_20171124_ea0c4b7-builds-Linux.tar.gz (Mirror)

Group: Win64
nightly_20171124_ea0c4b7-builds-Win64.zip (Mirror)

Group: Win32
nightly_20171124_ea0c4b7-builds-Win32.zip (Mirror)

Code: [Select]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
commit 57da3e1
Author: asarium <Thu Nov 23 12:53:30 2017 +0100>
Commit: asarium <Thu Nov 23 12:53:30 2017 +0100>

Fix wrong field usage in RandomeRange
 code/utils/RandomRange.h | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
commit 16ac199
Author: asarium <Wed Nov 22 11:31:04 2017 +0100>
Commit: asarium <Wed Nov 22 11:31:04 2017 +0100>

Fix LD_LIBRARY_PATH value in AppImage runs
 cmake/AppRun.in | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

Offline CT27

Re: Nightly: 24 November 2017 - Revision ea0c4b7
I ran into a minor problem with this nightly.  I was playing the campaign "Incursion-Return To Sol" and during a mission, Shivan Rakshasha cruisers and a Vasudan Sobek corvette were virtually all black (though the cruisers had some small parts that glowed red).  I switched back to the October 22 nightly and the ships went back to their normal color.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I ran into a similar problem when testing the Nov. 19th build.  I found that all builds up until the Oct. 31st have this issue.   You can see my observations listed in the Nov. 19th build thread.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline CT27

I ran into a similar problem when testing the Nov. 19th build.  I found that all builds up until the Oct. 31st have this issue.   You can see my observations listed in the Nov. 19th build thread.

I looked in the forum list and I don't see an October 31 nightly.  In the forum list, the last October one is October 22, then it goes to November 18.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
All Nightly builds since late April can be found HERE.  Some builds found at that link aren't announced on the forums.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Yeah, there were some issues after the server move with getting the nightly script to post correctly, but plenty of builds still got built in the meantime.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline m!m

This was most likely caused by my uniform buffer changes but so far I cannot reproduce this bug. A debug log would probably help but it would be even better if I could have a test mission that specifically reproduces this bug. Pointing me to a mod and mission with this bug would also be a big help.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I noticed this with Shivan cargo while working with "Playing Judas" for my FSPort Augmented program.

Offline m!m

Is that mission part of the released mod? I cannot find it in the mission list of the Augmented campaign.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm working on chapter 2 right now.  Only Chapter 1 has been releases so far, but "Playing Judas" is part of the original FS1 campaign.

Offline m!m

I cannot reproduce your issue. I looked at all Shivan cargo containers and they all looked fine. The attached screenshot shows how they appear for me.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Very strange.  I'll check out a few things on my end, but even if its something that I've done here, I'm not sure why the Oct 31st build would be fine but all builds since show black.

[EDIT]
OK, I'm at fault.  When I modified the docking paths for the two shivan cargo units, I must have copied the models out of the Port, rather than the main Media VPs, and so they were still using the original a & b textures, rather than the newer ones with glow and spec maps.  I'm still puzzled as to why previous builds didn't catch it though.  Did someone tighten the tolerance for texture naming?

Oddly enough, this isn't the first time I've made this mistake with this mod.  I had made some changes to the Demon's field of fire for the multi-part turrets, but somehow wasn't using the new textures so there was no glow.

I again apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:42:03 am by Trivial Psychic »

Offline m!m

Could you upload the model somewhere so I can take a look at it? I'm also confused why the earlier builds didn't catch it. I don't remember any changes to how texture loading is done so maybe this is some kind of regression. I would at least like to add a warning if a texture could not be found to make it easier to find these issues.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
All you have to do is extract the model from the original FS2 VPs and place it in the models folder.  It would then override the file in the media VPs.

In a related note, I've suddenly lost the glow for the jumpnode (again, using Port+Aug... haven't tried with FS2).  The jumpnode is visible in the mission, but it's just an un-illuminated wireframe.  You can only see it if its in front of something else.  I must have accidentally deleted the file or corrupted the mission file or something cause it WAS working with these new builds, and it continues to work with the Oct. 31st build and nothing since (Dec. 1st Build not tried yet).  I still have a few more tests to do, but does anyone know what would account for this?