Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47603 times)

Offline Solatar

Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
Yeah, I knew what you said. I said you gave me an idea. My idea wasn't what you told me to do. What you said sparked my idea. Get it now?:D

Offline RandomTiger

Still think mines better :D

Offline Solatar

Well, you can go ahead and use your story with your own campaign. I'll even give you my MOD after its done as long as you don't distribute it except with your campaign. I already sent you a PM about this, have you checked them lately?

EDIT:Can we drop the subject of the storyline for now. We can't do squat without the MOD. So far we have me, I think Pegasus V wanted to do something, and Thor, but he's gone for a little while. I contacted Hudzy, but he hasn't responded yet.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Originally posted by Hades
Can we drop the subject of the storyline for now. We can't do squat without the MOD.

Actually, you need to have the story in development so you know what kinds of fighters and such you'll need.  They have to rise up together, almost hand in hand.

Speaking of which, I'll hold back my original story and make a new one for you to play with.  If I'm going to do the original, it'll be massive, and I want it under my direct control.  I'll come up with something for you though, using some of the elements from the original.  I'll send it to you as soon as I get to writing it.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Solatar

yeah, I guess you're right. Thanx for the story.

Is that Angel ready? Who has the Angel .pof?

Originally posted by Hades
...for everyone to get to the jump node to Delta Serpentis. After you get to the node and jump out...

Think retro. Intersystem jump drives for fighters/bombers weren't developed until the end of the Great War. And even then they're expensive, that's why they weren't extensively used in FS2.

The story is the most important thing in any campaign. That will have to be developed first. Next, of course, will be the models. Then the mods and finally the missions.

Personally I think we should make a few chapters. The first chapter will be at the beginning of the 14-Year War with very basic military... stuff... The second chapter will be when the GTA and VPE develop formidable forces. The third chapter can be showing what a war of attrition is really about, with traitors starting to show up thinking what is this war all about, is it really worth it. The forth chapter can be the conclusion with Operation Thresher[/i][/color]. Perhaps even having a fifth chapter playing out alongside the Great War. Between each chapter will be your shoreleave time or something.

Offline Solatar

Great idea.

I guess I really didn't think about inter-system subspace drives.

Offline Solatar

The first chapter should have the GTF Angel, the GTF Apollo, and some kind of bomber. Maybe we could use the Athena.

Then for weapons we need the ML-16, and maybe some other low tech weapons just for the sake of consistancy (Most campaigns have more than one or two weapons). Maybe the ML-16 is like the "super weapon" of the game (i.e.-Banshee for fs1, Kayser for fs2). After all, the ML_16 is pretty good for hulls, not compared to anything except the Vasudan Light Laser, its great.

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Hi everyone. Sorry for my inactivity recently but I've been away for a while. I've only just found out about this new project and from what I can see it has great potential.

My own campaign hasn't really got off the ground yet. If memory serves, the Cardinal Spear campaign dealt with the Agamemnon's strike into Vasudan space. My ideas focused around several points which I would expand upon to make a campaign.

The first point was that the Terran-Vasudan war was basically at a stalemate and neither sides were making any progress. The Agamemnon did make a brief appearance as it set off on its mission told in Cardinal Spear. I decided that to promt such a strike and risk sending an expensive Orion deep into Vasudan space, the Vasudans would have to launch a strike that got too close to the SOL System for comfort. So I had some mission ideas to cover that.

The second idea came to me when reading the tech description for the Typhon in FS1. I learnt that the first sighting of the Typhon led to the destruction of the GTD Eisenhower and the decimation of the 4th Fleet in the Vega Engagement. So I had some ideas about how that series of events could be brought into the campaign. I was also toying with the idea that the Typhon had been ambushing Terran ships and that a pilot had survived long enough to babble on about a new Vasudan threat but due to a lack of evidence Command doesn't believe it. Kind of like when the Shivans first arrive and no one believed Lt Ash until it was too late. So the same was going to be true about the Typhon and you would fly a mission to protect the Eisenhower but it gets overwhelmed.

As for ship models I have for it, they were basically ones that other people have made. I lack the software to make models of my own but have recently aquired Photoshop 7 so I'm hoping to learn the ways of mapping and such.

For weapons I borrowed the ML-16, the Fury and the MX-50 from the FreeSpace Conversion. I was also thinking of including weapons from Cardinal Spear such as the really fast blue one or the ML-14.

Well, I guess that's basically what I've got so far. I'd definately be interested in becoming part of this project though I'm not sure where I'd be helpful just yet. Like I said, modelling is out of the question at the moment and I'm new to the world of mapping.

I can FRED though. I might be able to help you out there at a later stage in the development. I know how to do most things with it though I've never publically released anything.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2002, 09:59:47 am by 782 »

Offline Solatar

What models do you have?

Offline Hudzy

• Apollo Pilot
Nothing that can't be found floating around here really.

Apollo.
Apollo Prototype mentioned earlier. No interface for that though.
Athena.
I'm using a Valkyrie with a modified table to act as an Angel for the time being.
I just picked up the GTB Inferno for a heavy bomber.
I'm using Aldo's Weapon Platform as a sort of planetary/installation defence thing. To replace the beams I'm using a heavy plasma type weapon I rooted out from somewhere.
The GTI Polaris is being used in wierd and wonderful ways by connecting them in different patterns.

That's basically it for Terran models. I can't seem to find any Vasudan ships from that era aside from the Anubis and the Amun.

Offline Solatar

Since the Anubis has no afterburners, and it all around sucks. It would suffice for an OLD Vasudan fighter.

Yeah, that's what I'm using for the valkyrie.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Yo Hades, I was going to send you some stuff, but you apparently don't have an e-mail address.  Just quick drop me a line at [email protected] when you get the chance.

---------

Offline Solatar

I have an e-mail address, its [email protected]. PM me when you send me anything, that way I'll know to check my mail.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Tremble, for I have returned
Greetings all, I have returned.  I can't really see anything that I need to comment on, so I won't.  Actually I lied, we need a story.  And I have a request, Hades, could you send me a copy of what your working with at the moment?  and Esh, could you send me your story idea, when its done?  And before you ask, here's my e-mail.  [email protected] .  Looking good!
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

Work has almost ground to a halt without you. Eishtmo has a nice story going, but I can't remember exactly what is was. All I know was that I REALLY liked it. Eishtmo, could you post it up here? Did we get hosting yet?

Offline Thor

I'm touched!  It so nice to be needed.  Anyway, just to get the ball rolling again, the GTB Inferno is now up for download, so It looks like a possiblity for inclusion, just ask Woo first.  I'd still like a copy of the imported stuff you've been playing with, just to see what its like.  I know a guy who can wip up some weapons, so that wouldn't be to hard to do.  The nice thing is that the MOD itself won't take nearly as long as the FREDing, so If we can get the MOD ready, then we can use the time to make a FRED team, or something.  Anyone else with thoughts?  As for the Angel, Who ever has it, please, please give it to us.  We would really appreciate it.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Story?  Hades, I sent you a timeline for the entire war.  That's 14 years of war folks, and no one is reasonably going to make a campaign about the whole thing.  Like I said in the e-mail, pick one of the battles/time periods (except the Battle of Ribos), and I can give you a general outline of the event to build a campaign on.  The whole war is simply too much for anyone to even attempt.  Hell, even doing several bits is probably too much.

---------

Offline Solatar

Ues, but you had the best thing. Okay, I think we should do The Vega Engagement. That should be like the second mission.

Offline Thor

Do I get to See that?:rolleyes: