Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47411 times)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
I've got the Damocles model, it'll be good practice to make skins.  Or steal skins if I get desperate, which is easy to do.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Solatar

Well, if you steal skins (I was about to do this also), steal them from the Leviathan, Faustus, or Orion.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Originally posted by Pegasus V
You are half right. I've tested this countless times. The weapon charge will recharge, but the afterburner fuel will not.

I knew the fuel wouldn't, but I thought the weapon charge would be off too.  It's at least a real slow charge, isn't it?
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by Hades
Well, if you steal skins (I was about to do this also), steal them from the Leviathan, Faustus, or Orion.
The Orion is the only one where that would really work, because it's got generic textures and not model-specific ones.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Thanks aldo. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for stuff based on Leviathan and Fenris crap. Will it have similiar textures also?

Here;

I drew all the textures from scratch 'cept the engine ones, so it's not perfect,  but I think it's ok..... the UV was an utter bugger though.  I'll be finishing it soon enough, I s'pose.

I'm not sure how high the lighting was when I rendered it, though... it's a wee bit darker than initially appears IIRC.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Ohh!  Purty!:eek:
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

I have also made a sort of "Space Tank" out of the finished stuff in Aldos Model dump 2. Using some sounds from MechWarrior3.

?  what one?

Offline Solatar

Absolutely awesome model!!!! That would make the PERFECT predecessor to the Orion. How far is it from being done?

About the tank, I decided not to use it. It was made out of the railgun model, and the ship that went with it.

Offline Thor

Hades, I think i have the answer to our problem.

goto http://www.webattack.com/freeware/downloader/fwfilesplit.shtml

and pick slice-and-save.

then e-mail me the files seprately.

That should work.

....maybe.....

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Absolutely awesome model!!!! That would make the PERFECT predecessor to the Orion. How far is it from being done?

Well, it was designed to be a Fenris type ship (slightly smaller infact), the smallest armed vessel allowed for civillians....so it'll be scaled in the 170-210m range.

As far as being done, the LODs need done, the debris (and the live debris for the radar needs mapped) needs done, then into ts5, then poffing.

I should point out that it's weakly armed (in FS2-spec) with few broadside turrets (only 2 missile turrets on the struts, 4 rotational missile/flak launchers on the sides, 4 rotating laser / LR Flak guns), and the side mounted barrelled turrets are for the sheer fun of having a set of frontal 'barrage' guns.  If you want to actually turret and scale the thing to your own specs, I'll send you the 3ds and bmp files for it, though.

Offline Solatar

No, I'll take EXACTLY what you have. I'll retable it and rename it something else, but I LOVE the model. If I have any extra time, I MIGHT try to resking it in the Fenris style. Also, it is small, so not that powerful, which explains why the Orion was built.

Offline Thor

don't reskin, it looks really cool with that skin.  Are you going to try my suggestion?

Offline Solatar

About the reskin, I wasn't going to release it anyway. I love the ones it has. And yes, the e-mail will be given to you once I'm finished uploading. I suggest adding some of your own weapons, as well as a GTM-73 Antagonist (A little less powerful than the Tsunami). The Barracuda will be our standard space bomb ( I left in all of the new weapons by Galactic Emperor). Also Thor, you and Eishtmo can delete some stuff, especially the lasers. Just keep the missiles that cam eiwht the fs1port.

No, I'll take EXACTLY what you have. I'll retable it and rename it something else, but I LOVE the model. If I have any extra time, I MIGHT try to resking it in the Fenris style. Also, it is small, so not that powerful, which explains why the Orion was built.

Thinking the same thing eh? well I got me guns working now as I need new models so other than it's all just for me, and I might make it public  :nervous: but thats a "BIG" MIGHT:)
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Solatar

I'm sorry, but I didn't get anything out of that post except this:

You are thinking the same thing, ehh? Well, I've been pulling some strings, and its all mine. I might make a public release, but thats a BIG MIGHT.

I don't think this is correct AT ALL, so please send me a PM explaining what you meant. I AM EXTREMELY sorry.

Offline Thor

I'll have a little look at it when I get it.  If anyone has anything they want put in, send it to me and I'll see if it will fit.  Make sure it has a read me file, title with the name of your work (so I won't have 50 read.me files that I have to look through:D )  Hopefully I get the files and everything works the way its supposed to work.  So, let the onslaught begin, the mail is [email protected] Remeber, if it is more than 5mb, I can't get it by e-mail.

Thor

Offline Solatar

Yes, anybody having a Pre-T-V War/T-V War MOD, send it in. We will try to accomidate everything. Also, anybody with a fast connection and fs1 that can upload the music in bits of 5 mb would be a great help. Also, include the ORIGINAL DESCENT: FREESPACE Music table, you don't need to modify the fs2 one, the fs1 music table is completely compatible with fs2. I know uploading this much music in increments of 5 mb is daunting, but put it all in a .zip, then use  http://www.webattack.com/freeware/d...filesplit.shtml
Scroll down to slice and save, and use that.

Offline Thor

Hey guys, don't flood me with e-mails:ha: .  Just a note, use my link to webattack, Hades's link for some reason comes up with a page not found error.  Please send me things folks, as it will only help to make this MOD that much better.  I'll take fighters, weapons, Cap ships, anything at all to make it cool.  I thought I might toss in the Nav lights, seeing as we lost a third of the ships by removing the Shivans.  So please send things in.  If you want to help by FREDing the Vega Engagement, then please, by all means offer.

Offline Solatar

Yes, I think you should throw in the nav lights. Also, I'm working on a demo mission. Make sure the stars table has all of the fs2 stuff, plus earth.pcx. I'll probably redo everything once Thor gets the MOD up on the site. Anyway, the demo will be about three or four missions long, and will take place in 2322. A few years before the Vega Engagement. And I don't know why the link is broken. Thor has the same link a few posts up, use that.

Offline Thor

So do I actually get the mod, or is it just a myth;) Oh, yeah, where is the earth.pcx from, I may or may not have that.