Author Topic: MCO questions  (Read 4476 times)

Offline zzc

Is the purbonus function still available for MCO? It was, for stock MC2, where it was named purbonusx.fit, where every entry in it would carry on throughout the campaign from mission x.

Also how does the function work in stock MC2? I tried creating one for exodus campaign, testing by adding 2 extra pilots and it did not add? Only works for stock carver V??

I'll put more questions as I find them.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:25:38 am by zzc »

These purchase files need to be called during the mision once an objective is fulfilled. Adding them simply into the mission folder will do nothing. Call is in mission script or mission.fit file.

Offline zzc

So I get that it still works for MCO, the same way as MC2? I actually remembered doing it once, long ago and just cant remember how to do it again until now.

Offline zzc

Next questions;

Are sensors, ecm and probe, buyable? I read it was in one of the versions, has this been removed?

Adding new custom components. I know its pretty simple; just a line in the compbas file. But is there a way to give it new description? it will show 'undefined' in the mech loadout during mission, even when in compbas the string ref is still the same as the base component. Like when creating a new long tom that reloads faster, everything is the same except recycle rate and it shows 'undefined' when you view the mech during the mission.

==================

jump jets now have a fixed distance? Can i introduce a new one; http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Improved_Jump_Jet to jump further.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:57:49 pm by zzc »

For descriptions there was a file called desc.fit - in MC1/MCG I guess it may be the same in mc2?!?
It has become appalingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein

Offline zzc

erm no such file in mco.... still using mc2res.dll?

Magic should answer your specific MCO questions. You can buy all of it in MC2X but not in the original MC2.

Offline zzc

[AdditionalPurchaseFiles]
st File0 = "data\missions\bonus.FIT"

well that line is not working, cause I dont get any new pilots to hire, and no mech to buy....

======================

That is what I mean when giving descriptions to new components. The component slot is predefined somewhere and if possible I want to add it in.

Offline zzc

The make new technology appears to be modified? I even tried changing the bonus purchase file to the all purchase and it does not work.

I am sure the file is correctly called in the mission.

Offline magic

Additional purchase files will not work in MCO, sorry.

Offline zzc

Cause the savegames write ramdom text under the additional purchase line, either random characters or even component names. I think the next mission editor update should remove make new tech available option, cause it dont work.