Author Topic: Izrali playable in act 4-5?  (Read 3047 times)

Offline emark4

Izrali playable in act 4-5?
So I guess it's safe to say Blue Planet act 4-5 is still coming judging from the past posts as of late.

I gotta ask, would the Izrali fighter be pilotable as a ship in act 4-5 ? Bomber based missions for acts 4-5 have been thrown around lately but I was wondering if the Izrali fits into all this. It's such a cool design after all  :)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Izrali playable in act 4-5?
It's Izra'il. :P

And I'm pretty sure it will be playable. There is that one video on youtube presenting a planetside mission in which the player is using no other fighter than an Izra'il.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Link?

Offline emark4

It's Izra'il. :P

And I'm pretty sure it will be playable. There is that one video on youtube presenting a planetside mission in which the player is using no other fighter than an Izra'il.

I gotta stop spelling  that fighter's name wrong.

Any link to that mission you can share?

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
I should have inserted the link in my previous post, but I was in too much of a hurry to think of it.
Grab it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHAUoI4_m_0
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It'll be the first ship you get in Act 4.

Offline emark4

It'll be the first ship you get in Act 4.

Sweet. Hope to play act 4 soon. Love the planetary battles demo.

Offline emark4

I should have inserted the link in my previous post, but I was in too much of a hurry to think of it.
Grab it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHAUoI4_m_0

Got it. I'm looking forward to playing this mission, even though it's years old as I write this, lol.

Are there any more recent screens out there? In general I've never been a huge fan of ground combat in FS, most terrain models look old and underdetailed even with high-res maps, it's the thing that reminds me most that FS wasn't released in 2012 or so.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No, it's going to look underdetailed and ugly.

Offline emark4

No, it's going to look underdetailed and ugly.

So I'm guessing more work needs to be done on the ground textures, rebuilding them to like, modern FSO standards.

There are already good detailed textures, just the way that model was UVed and made it stretches pixels across kilometers of flat polys. I don't know about current BP, last time I played was shortly after the latest rerelease. :nervous:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That model's not in any released BP as far as I know. And no, we never let asset problems slow dev down unless absolutely necessary. If the mission's fun it'll ship with ugly ground.

Offline emark4

That model's not in any released BP as far as I know. And no, we never let asset problems slow dev down unless absolutely necessary. If the mission's fun it'll ship with ugly ground.

I'm a simple man. I see a mission with planetary battles. I clap in applause regaurdless of how the ground textures are.

I'll be busy trying to blow Tev forces up to notice anyway.

If the writing is good and the mission design is fun, give me ugly ground GDI.