Time to put on my ‘freelance SEO and social media management and marketing’ hat methinks https://iainbakerfreelance.co.uk/
Off the top of my head I would suggest:
• Change the name from HLP to something that links it to Freespace. ‘Freespace HLP’ being the obvious example. If you type ‘Freespace’ into Google, ‘HLP’ does not appear until the second page, which few will look at unless they are already searching for HLP specifically.
• Typing HLP into Google does not bring up Hard Light Productions within the first five pages of results.
• ‘HLP’ does not appear on this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLP
Suggest adding it.
• ‘HLP does appear on this page, however there are no functional links. Suggest adding them if possible. https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/HLP
• Guerrilla marketing. Find YouTube videos about Freespace and add comments including links to HLP.
• Reach out to influencers and ask them to review the retail games and the standout mods. Leverage the renewed interest in space sims – Elite Dangerous, No Man‘s Sky, Star Citizen etc. to raise awareness of the forgotten granddaddy of space sims.
• Ask YouTubers that use HLP / Freespace asseets in their videos to provide links to HLP. One example is Pax Deorum, who makes videos about B5 ships using TBP assets. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmMM1QUy_rX_N0a0-ZZH8RA
• Create a HLP Facebook page, and ensure it is regularly updated.
• Create a HLP Twitter account, and ensure it is regularly updated.
• Make far greater use of the HLP YouTube account. Add FS playthroughs, reviews etc to liked videos.
• Add these playthroughs, reviews etc to ‘up and coming’ video sharing platforms such as *****ute. There is less competition on these at present, so it would be wise to get a foot hold early.